PDA

View Full Version : Louisville Pulls Out of '09 Maui Classic

Angelo Roncalli
11-21-2008, 03:37 PM
Cards will be replaced by Cincy.

http://www.cardchronicle.com/2008/11/21/667328/louisville-pulls-out-of-09

ZagMan in Philly
11-21-2008, 04:10 PM
Maui, that sounds so warm...it is in the 20s in Philly tonite, yikes! I will have to talk to my wife in going to the Maui Classic in 09.

CDC84
11-21-2008, 04:13 PM
If I am the promoter of the Battle in Seattle, I go after Louisville hard. Peyton Siva needs a home game in Seattle at some point, and Louisville is currently constructing a new 22,000 seat arena. Gonzaga would be a nice non-league opponent to have when the new joint opens up in 2010.

MickMick
11-21-2008, 04:29 PM
If I am the promoter of the Battle in Seattle, I go after Louisville hard. Peyton Siva needs a home game in Seattle at some point, and Louisville is currently constructing a new 22,000 seat arena. Gonzaga would be a nice non-league opponent to have when the new joint opens up in 2010.

I agree. And whoever gets Josh Smith or Tony Wroten for the same reason.

75Zag
11-21-2008, 07:00 PM
This may be the wrong thread to post this, but here goes ...

I sort of promised my wife, daughters and grandson that I would treat them to the Maui tournament in 09. Thanks to a special friend (also known as the lovely Mrs. 75Zag) I have access to a condo at the Whaler in Kaanapali Beach so I was thinking I would only have to pay for airfare plus meals and game tickets which would make a nice family Thanksgiving trip for 2009.

Now that I am trying to make final arrangements, it appears that tour packaging folks have control over ALL of the tickets to the Maui game, and that unless I want to pay their "F U" hotel and airfare packages, it is going to be extremely difficult to get tickets in advance. When I was younger I did not mind standing outside a venue trying to score tickets from scalpers, but now that I am "grandpa" I am not so eager to fly my extended family to Maui and then go trolling for tickets on game day.

If you have a solution - please contact me by PM I might be very grateful.

Go Bulldogs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lothar98zag
11-21-2008, 09:56 PM
This may be the wrong thread to post this, but here goes ...

I sort of promised my wife, daughters and grandson that I would treat them to the Maui tournament in 09. Thanks to a special friend (also known as the lovely Mrs. 75Zag) I have access to a condo at the Whaler in Kaanapali Beach so I was thinking I would only have to pay for airfare plus meals and game tickets which would make a nice family Thanksgiving trip for 2009.

Now that I am trying to make final arrangements, it appears that tour packaging folks have control over ALL of the tickets to the Maui game, and that unless I want to pay their "F U" hotel and airfare packages, it is going to be extremely difficult to get tickets in advance. When I was younger I did not mind standing outside a venue trying to score tickets from scalpers, but now that I am "grandpa" I am not so eager to fly my extended family to Maui and then go trolling for tickets on game day.

If you have a solution - please contact me by PM I might be very grateful.

Go Bulldogs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Have you tried contacting GU directly? They may have tickets and not require you buy a full package to get the tix. But I've never been and also don't know if GU VIPs suck up all of GUs tix or not.

There are several posters her that went last time and should be able to help.

BobZag
11-22-2008, 10:37 AM
I guess I'd want to play Vandy, Wisconsin and Maryland the most. GU would get RPI help from the SEC, Big-10 and ACC. Cincy would be okay as they are Big East.

Not a particularly glamorous field.

MississppiZag
11-22-2008, 11:04 AM
I noticed that too. It is way to early but looking at what we will have i would be surprised if we did not win, especially with Daye. That could be his true coming out stage much like it was for AMMO. Plus we could play Taylor and Tinsley from Vandy.

Zag4Hire
11-22-2008, 01:09 PM
Figures, these are the fields and to me, we got stuck with the most boring and least talented. Pretty much all of the teams in the Zags' tourney are on their way down unless somebody knows something I don't.

2008 Alabama, Chaminade, Indiana, North Carolina, Notre Dame, Oregon, St. Joseph's, and Texas

2009 Arizona, Chaminade, Cincinnati, Colorado, Gonzaga, Maryland, Vanderbilt, and Wisconsin

And just released, 2010 which looks good as well:

2010 UConn, Chaminade, Kentucky, Michigan State, Oklahoma, Virginia, Washington, and Wichita State