PDA

View Full Version : Downs Article in the S-R

wazZag
03-13-2007, 10:56 AM
I don't think its free yet beyond the first page:
http://www.spokesmanreview.com/sports/story.asp?ID=178913

GonzagaGurl08
03-13-2007, 11:02 AM
Thanks for the link Waz. You can't even read the article without a subscription, but it should eventually go to the Zags section, where it will then be free. :)

lothar98zag
03-13-2007, 11:37 AM
free link:

http://www.spokesmanreview.com/zags/story.asp?ID=178913

thickman1
03-13-2007, 11:50 AM
Thanks Lothar. Excellent article. I hope that when Micah's senior day rolls around he can proudly walk to center court with his parents. This young man has come a long way.

Symi81
03-13-2007, 12:07 PM
It takes a lot of courage to talk about one's past personal isuues like that, I really repect Downs! I am so happy he is happy at GU, and wish him the best!

lothar98zag
03-13-2007, 12:11 PM
FWIW - you can link directly to free Spokesman articles on the left side of the screen.

< -----

zagirl2k
03-13-2007, 12:17 PM
Tying this article in with the one about Pendo, I thought it was fitting that the person they had Downs room with his first summer on campus was Pendo. What better way to welcome a kid to the program who needed that sense of family and to help him get settled on campus? It's nice to hear how Few was cautious but willing to take a risk with him and it is paying off nicely. Hopefully he can continue his streak of strong play for a few more games this season!

ZaggyStardust
03-13-2007, 12:21 PM
I'm very happy for Micah. His development both personally and athletically has been inspiring. Great to see a young man fight so many demons and come out a winner. Teammates like him will help Josh and Theo in the long run as well. We are lucky to have him as a Zag!!!!!!

Akzag
03-13-2007, 12:31 PM
I'm not going to suggest that anything was orchestrated, but having Pendo room with Downs, if only for a summer, was brilliant.

GonzagaGurl08
03-13-2007, 12:52 PM
It seems as if Micah as come a LONG way!! Poor kid has had a rough time!!I'm really glad that is a part of the Zag family. I'm really looking forward to seeing him play.

Wolkster
03-13-2007, 01:52 PM
Article says he has gone to talk to a couple of councelors. I wonder if one is:

The Dog Whisperer? :)

ZagNative
03-13-2007, 02:08 PM
Article says he has gone to talk to a couple of councelors. I wonder if one is:

The Dog Whisperer? :)

That is the first laugh I've had all day! I love it when I open a thread and find myself bursting out in a belly laugh. Thanks, Wolkster!:D

Shanachie
03-13-2007, 02:43 PM
Great article.

It's good to be reminded that these are real people (kids really) that we are watching on the court. That time in someone's life can be tough enough without being in the spotlight and having the pressures of high level competition to deal with as well.

MedZag
03-13-2007, 04:57 PM
Great article.

It's good to be reminded that these are real people (kids really) that we are watching on the court. That time in someone's life can be tough enough without being in the spotlight and having the pressures of high level competition to deal with as well.

Example: Derek last year. I don't think people realize just how bad things were for him last year. They were that. bad.

Which makes his success this year all the more sweet.

upan8th
03-13-2007, 05:12 PM
Does anyone know which teammates room with one another this year? Interesting to speculate judging by on court body language. Heytvelt is the only married player, isn't he?

MedZag
03-13-2007, 05:48 PM
Does anyone know which teammates room with one another this year? Interesting to speculate judging by on court body language. Heytvelt is the only married player, isn't he?

Heytvelt isn't married. To my knowledge, he is the only one with children.

HRZag
03-13-2007, 05:54 PM
The Pendo article and now this one for Downs.

Great articles, great guys, great Zags.

Both articles are must reads.