PDA

View Full Version : Michigan State struggling with mighty IPFW

MississppiZag
11-19-2008, 04:12 PM
They are winning by 2 in the second half. 32-30. We are likely going to play them if everything goes well in the first round of the OSC. I like our chances with how our offense looked against MSU. We will have a better idea after the Oklahoma State game.

MississppiZag
11-19-2008, 04:16 PM
Wow MSU is losing by 3. Losing the second half 13-2.

Zag4Hire
11-19-2008, 04:37 PM
They are winning by 2 in the second half. 32-30. We are likely going to play them if everything goes well in the first round of the OSC. I like our chances with how our offense looked against MSU. We will have a better idea after the Oklahoma State game.

Can we win the game against the Pokes before we start talking about the possible 2nd round opponent? Sounds like last year when everybody was chomping at the bit for Butler and the Zags forgot to show up against Texas Tech.

Tale of the Tape: IPFW is playing very physical defense against a team that thrives on playing physical and IPFW is dropping 6-of-12 from 3 point land.

MississppiZag
11-19-2008, 04:50 PM
Can i be optimistic about our team?

Reborn
11-19-2008, 05:30 PM
Mich State wins by 11

J-Mac Zag Forever
11-19-2008, 05:32 PM
YES YOU CAN. I for 1 love your posts!

johnwzag
11-19-2008, 06:42 PM
[QUOTE=Zag4Hire;297068]Can we win the game against the Pokes before we start talking about the possible 2nd round opponent? Sounds like last year when everybody was chomping at the bit for Butler and the Zags forgot to show up against Texas Tech./QUOTE]

I hate to agree with you, but I do. We are better this year, but any one of those teams can beat us if they have a good night and we have a bad one. I am optimistic, but cautious.

Zag4Hire
11-19-2008, 07:04 PM

Yes, feel free and I fully agree with your comments. I just refrain from speculating about matchups until they actually do occur. Sort of a basketball version of not counting your eggs before they hatch, or in this case, not counting wins before you play. Too many games gone awry and too many bitter losses in a variety of sports to think otherwise.

BroncoZAG615
11-19-2008, 07:07 PM
Yes, feel free and I fully agree with your comments. I just refrain from speculating about matchups until they actually do occur. Sort of a basketball version of not counting your eggs before they hatch, or in this case, not counting wins before you play. Too many games gone awry and too many bitter losses in a variety of sports to think otherwise.

I'm pretty sure the main motto of message boards is "counting your eggs before they hatch". Speculation is the name of the game for us in fan industry.

Reborn
11-19-2008, 09:06 PM
Watch out MZ or soon you too will be accused of one of the "cool-aid drinkers." It's great to be optimistic, but only if you can take the heat. :D

I hope your optimism flows over and touches others. I'm with you on this one. I really want to see us play Mich State. It will be a great game. Two great teams playing early in the year....Brings back memories of a few years ago when Adam had one of the best scoring games I've ever seen, and he was in dual with one of the State players. It was awesome. I hope for another game like that. And us winning of course.

lothar98zag
11-19-2008, 09:20 PM
Also, besides Ok St, the other 6 teams are all potential opponents. What is wrong with talking about any of them?

Akzag
11-19-2008, 09:36 PM
The Shockers have a cool nickname.