PDA

View Full Version : Austin at the High Post

Midwestzag
11-19-2008, 01:25 PM
With Austin's length and shooting ability and Josh's willingness to bang inside, against the zone the Zags should run the High Post offense all day long.
We saw a little of it last night.

Austin flashes to the free-throw lane, pass from Pargo. If covered by guards he turns and shoots with no fear of his shot being challenged. If the defense responds with bringing up a big from the baseline or collapsing 3 guys on him (both likely because his talent and reputation will suck the defense to him) a pass to Josh down low or to an open wing will work most of time.

Here's to a three game thanksgiving weekend winning streak against OSU, MSU, and GU (Hoyas),

TacomaZAG
11-19-2008, 02:16 PM
of having a tall player with Austin's ability. I agree with the strategy against a zone, lots of options. A similar strategy could be used with Micah, as at 6'-8" with shooting range he presents a lot of the same match-up difficulties as Austin. Also, if/when Josh, Rob, and Austin/Micah are on the floor at the same time, the match-ups get even more difficult for the opposition. Likewise when Josh, Austin, and Micah are on the floor at the same time.

Love the options, and with Jeremy and Matt seeing the floor so well, I can't wait for the Old Spice games.

Go ZAGS

ZagNative
11-19-2008, 04:37 PM
I don't know if this is the right thread to post it on, but I love this pic of Austin and Mac Hopson from the Idaho game:

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff232/ZagNative/Zags/Austin%20Daye/Austin%20as%20a%20Zag/2008-11-18AustinDayeIdaho1-1.jpg

ZagNative
11-19-2008, 06:54 PM
Again, maybe not the right thread, but another great pic of Austin from last night's game.... I've collected lots of pics of Austin, but none that show the passion he displayed last night - as in this one, where he's seen celebrating after! I love it! Keep up the fire, big guy! And those clenched fists, which Reborn says are a sure sign of Zag greatness!

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff232/ZagNative/Zags/Austin%20Daye/Austin%20as%20a%20Zag/2008-11-18AustinDayeIdahoCelebra-1.jpg

snebzag
11-19-2008, 07:11 PM
I Think "in The House Tonight Threads" Left Out Al Bundy In The Fourth Row, Light Blue Shirt. Wow, The Stars Were Out!