PDA

View Full Version : "Born to be a Zag"

Angelo Roncalli
03-13-2007, 09:25 AM
Who else but Pendo?

http://www.columbian.com/sports/localNews/03132007news115107.cfm

Bowser
03-13-2007, 10:03 AM
The Brewster Rooster. What's not to like?

Your Pal,

Bowser

94zagoldwomanasherdsmen
03-13-2007, 11:36 AM
There's nothing better than a good guy on a good team who works hard getting loved up in his hometown press.

Amen to everything in the article - Pendo's the perfect zag.

GonzagaGurl08
03-13-2007, 12:56 PM
Thanks for the link Angelo. Great article, on my favorite Zag, Pendo. This article encompasses Pendo on and off the court. I'm so glad that Pendo commited to GU when he did, instead of going somewhere else!!!

gamagin
03-13-2007, 01:42 PM
the writer, has worked for the Coeur d'Alene Press & the S-R or the Chronicle in Spokane in his time.

He was a valued stringer for UPI and a number of radio and tv stations in and around the nw, too. He's all about sports all the time.

A good fellow, too. Passionate about sports.

ZagNative
03-13-2007, 02:27 PM
the writer, has worked for the Coeur d'Alene Press & the S-R or the Chronicle in Spokane in his time.

He was a valued stringer for UPI and a number of radio and tv stations in and around the nw, too. He's all about sports all the time.

A good fellow, too. Passionate about sports.
Good fellow? Really? His name stuck in my mind ever since he wrote a story last fall for the Kitsap sun (http://www.kitsapsun.com/bsun/cda/article_print/0,1983,BSUN_19109_5127258_ARTICLE-DETAIL-PRINT,00.html) on November 8, 2006, in which he said:

Look for the Bulldogs to improve as the season wears on — Kansas transfer Micah Downs, a Parade All-American at Juanita High, becomes eligible in mid-December — but Gonzaga’s annual trip to the NCAA tournament is not a lock. That should make crafty but increasingly edgy GU coach Mark Few even more ornery with the local media, though we trust he’ll still find plenty of time for Jim Rome, Sports Illustrated and such as he maintains his national profile so he can land a big-bucks job down the road. Do you suppose that last sentence went unnoticed by Fewie? I thought it was a cheap, unprofessional shot, so much so I recognized his byline on this story and was surprised the tone was positive.

Ziggy
03-13-2007, 09:38 PM
Pendo's post tournament photo is the tag image for for "Most Popular NCAA
Basketball Searches" on Yahoo! right now.