PDA

View Full Version : FOX College Sports Email and Phone Numbers

Unbiased
11-18-2008, 07:01 PM
Here is the link for inside numbers for the FOX Cable Networks - it appears they handle the programming for Fox Sports Networks. Everyone who was counting on seeing this game on Fox College Sports West tonight should call call and email them tomorrow

http://www.newscorp.com/management/foxcablenetworks.html

RenoZag
11-18-2008, 07:25 PM
Hell, why wait until tomorrow ? ;)

Spike94
11-18-2008, 08:19 PM
Just made the phone calls.

CroatiaZag
11-18-2008, 08:29 PM
did my part....for my friends in "remote" locations, and the chance I'll get stuck there myself someday.

mtzaga
11-19-2008, 03:42 AM
I also thought the Zags game was on FCS Pacific. Fortunately, it was on
Fox Rocky Mountain, which usually does not show the Zags games.

I join you in being pissed off.

sdzag
11-19-2008, 07:11 AM
Sent my e-mail

RenoZag
11-19-2008, 07:56 AM
I sent an email last night.

The scary part: What if ALL of the FoxSportsNorthwest ( FSN ) scheduled games get the same treatment on FoxCollegeSportsPacific (FCSP) the rest of the year !?!

:eek:

Once and Future Zag
11-19-2008, 08:09 AM

The scary part: What if ALL of the FoxSportsNorthwest ( FSN ) scheduled games get the same treatment on FoxCollegeSportsPacific (FCSP) the rest of the year !?!

If that happens I'm changing out from Comcast and explaining to them that FOX is to blame.

mtzaga
11-19-2008, 09:33 AM

Check out the FCS-Pacific schedule. The only Zags games listed are against Arizona and WSU.

I could get hosed. I live in the Fox Rocky Mountain viewing area.

http://msn.foxsports.com/id/3324406

BoltZag
11-19-2008, 10:11 AM
The Arizona game is on FSN nationally. Every FSN affiliate will receive the game, similar to Sunday Night Hoops on FSN (which immediately precedes our game).

229SintoZag
11-19-2008, 12:02 PM
Speak with your pocketbook. Dump cable, comcast, etc., and just get DirecTV or Dish. Sends a better message than any email or phone call.

BoZarth
11-19-2008, 12:48 PM
Verizon Fios

I know it isn't available in all areas but I get Fox Sports NW, Pacific, Central and Atlantic in the base package.

I did watch the MSU-Billings game on Pacific.

On top of that the base pakage includes the Big Ten Network which will carry the Indiana game.

No need to pay extra or wonder or scramble to get every GU game.

I got them all (ESPNU too).

BoZarth

misszigzag
11-19-2008, 01:08 PM
Sent emails and called.

What a disappointment! We were really looking forward to watching the game. Ended up listening to it online which wasn't so bad.

Fox Sports Pacific has a print out guide for 08-09 season showing most of the Gonzaga games being televised. However, Fox sports online is showing Pacific as only showing 2 games. I hope this is not the case :(

If we could only convince Time Warner-Comcast to offer Fox Sports Northwest here on the East Coast.

FrahmfortheWin
11-19-2008, 04:44 PM
I called and spoke w/ Scott Grogin at Fox, he was very polite and listened to my rant. He stated that Fox Sports has sold the right to be the primary broadcaster for Gonzaga basketball games to ESPN. What this means for fans outside of the Seattle/Spokane market is that you will only recieve the nationally televised espn games, not the entire season as you would have on Fox. I inquired how this would effect Fox Sports Northwest feeds and he kind of danced around the question with a 'I dont know, I have to look into that' Mr. Grogin did state that he had recieved some calls/emails regarding this. I made the statement 'We have a few loyal fans out there...' to which he replied....'Judging by the emails Im getting, you have A LOT of fans out there'

So the emails/calls DO have an effect and are being noted at Fox, please take the time to send one or make the call. Even if you get the games currently, please help out your less fortunate fellow Zag fans =)

Mr. Grogin stated he was keeping all of the emails, he is going to make some calls himself and see what rights Fox Sports still has in regards to broadcasts and will reply to all the mail he has sent in the next few days.

His email address is: scott.grogin@fox.com

Thank you.

RenoZag
11-19-2008, 05:51 PM
Frahm:

Thank you for providing those details. I guess I will be investigating satellite options. . .

This pretty much sucks. I was able to see ALL of the FSN games last year via the FCS-P channel. Appears those arrangements are kaput.

DAMN THE ( FOX ) MAN !!

Birddog
11-19-2008, 07:10 PM
DAMN THE ( FOX ) MAN !!

If I'm following this correctly, you should be damning ESPN. It sounds to me as though Fox has sold the rights to the game outside of FSNW to ESPN, and they(ESPN) are putting a lid on it so it doesn't compete with their networks. Am I seeing this correctly? If that's the case, it really does suck, but there is always the Dish and DirecTV.

Birddog

RenoZag
11-19-2008, 07:24 PM
Damn 'em All.

lothar98zag
11-19-2008, 09:03 PM
Then why was game #1 shown on FCS?

thickman1
11-20-2008, 06:36 AM
This is really going to be a problem for me. If they won't be showing GU games it's going to be a really long winter. What kind of responsibility does the university have? After all they're the ones playing the games and who signed the television deal. I can't imagine they'd be happy with the games not being on FCS.

I don't see myself changing to dish/directv either because of internet/phone as well. Oh it's a sad day and I hope and pray this isn't what will be happening.

I will say that if ESPN's intent was to get those folks who'd watch GU to flip on their stations instead then I was suckered right in as I watched UNC/UK and Davidson/Oklahoma. Frustrating!

RenoZag
11-20-2008, 07:18 AM
I received this email from Fox Sports this morning:

Dear RenoZag:

Thank you for contacting us regarding the Gonzaga vs. Idaho basketball game on Tuesday, November 18.

It appears there was an unfortunate miscommunication in listing the game as being available on Fox College Sports. Unfortunately, Fox no longer has the right to televise Gonzaga basketball outside of the school’s home market as the university sold those rights to ESPN. Once we learned of the listings error, there was no time to correct it.

For the availability of future Gonzaga telecasts, you will need to contact the university or ESPN.

We apologize for the confusion, and we appreciate your continued support of Fox College Sports.

Good luck this season and best regards,

Scott Grogin
Senior Vice President, Communications
Fox Networks Group
310/369-4733 (O)
818/203-9849 (C)
scott.grogin@fox.com

Lothar makes a good point: Why was the MSU game shown ? Was that a communication error also ?

kitzbuel
11-20-2008, 07:57 AM

Lothar makes a good point: Why was the MSU game shown ? Was that a communication error also ?
As regarding your earlier inquiries, Dish does provide regional networks (to include the Big 10 network) for about $6 a month.

LongIslandZagFan
11-20-2008, 08:06 AM

Calling to cancel Fox College Sports tonight.

thickman1
11-20-2008, 09:28 AM
According to RenoZag the blame for this debacle lays at the feet of Gonzaga - way to go! Woohoo! :mad:

RenoZag
11-20-2008, 09:38 AM
According to RenoZag the blame for this debacle lays at the feet of Gonzaga - way to go! Woohoo! :mad:

Thickman, don't put words in my posts. . .

I'm as P.O.'d as anybody about this turn of events but I don't "blame" the school for anything. Without going back over any of my posts on this topic, I don't recall expressing any anger AT Gonzaga.

Regards,

Reno

thickman1
11-20-2008, 10:27 AM
Thickman, don't put words in my posts. . .

I'm as P.O.'d as anybody about this turn of events but I don't "blame" the school for anything. Without going back over any of my posts on this topic, I don't recall expressing any anger AT Gonzaga.

Regards,

Reno

I apologize. I realize my word choice implied that you were blaming Gonzaga.

I'll state it differently. Using the information from your email posted in this thread I am inferring that GU is to blame.

LongIslandZagFan
11-20-2008, 10:59 AM

Actually most of the blame would lie at the footsteps of the WCC and ESPN.

kitzbuel
11-20-2008, 12:45 PM
I don't see how WooHoo should get any of the blame. :confused:

:D

Pure
11-20-2008, 01:23 PM
The WCC sells the rights to tv not the Zags .... I Blame ESPN ... but there is a solution.

Switch to Direct TV ... Get to watch all the games... And if your addicted to College hoops as I , Purchase ESPN Full Court for 99 bucks, and get to watch even more...

Once and Future Zag
11-21-2008, 06:08 AM
The DirectTV guy came out last night after I ordered - and we can't get it - trees in the way.

So I'm SOL for GU games on this year.

Birddog
11-21-2008, 06:27 AM
The DirectTV guy came out last night after I ordered - and we can't get it - trees in the way.

So I'm SOL for GU games on this year.

Here ya go...................................
http://www.portable-electric-power-generators.com/images/powertools/husqvarna/HUS_3120xp_lg.jpg

Once and Future Zag
11-21-2008, 09:36 AM
Nice.

Any other suggestions?

FIOS and ATT U-Verse are also out as they don't have service in my area.

lothar98zag
11-21-2008, 10:44 AM

Dear RenoZag:

Thank you for contacting us regarding the Gonzaga vs. Idaho basketball game on Tuesday, November 18.

It appears there was an unfortunate miscommunication in listing the game as being available on Fox College Sports. Unfortunately, Fox no longer has the right to televise Gonzaga basketball outside of the school’s home market as the university sold those rights to ESPN. Once we learned of the listings error, there was no time to correct it.

For the availability of future Gonzaga telecasts, you will need to contact the university or ESPN.

We apologize for the confusion, and we appreciate your continued support of Fox College Sports.

Good luck this season and best regards,

Scott Grogin
Senior Vice President, Communications
Fox Networks Group
310/369-4733 (O)
818/203-9849 (C)
scott.grogin@fox.com

Thanks for posting the e-mail Reno.

I have a few questions. (If this has been adressed elsewhere, please show me, I haven't looked yet.)

1. Has anyone contacted GU to verify that this is GU's doing?

2. Will ESPN be showing the GU games or just storing them in a vault?

3. If ESPN will show them, what network(s) will they be on?

4. And why was the MSU game shown?

RenoZag
11-21-2008, 11:16 AM
Lothar, have you scanned this thread yet ?

THREAD (http://www.guboards.spokesmanreview.com/showthread.php?t=15468)

it includes an email from Oliver Pierce, the GU SID. Doesn't answer all of your above questions, however.

lothar98zag
11-21-2008, 11:20 AM
Lothar, have you scanned this thread yet ?

THREAD (http://www.guboards.spokesmanreview.com/showthread.php?t=15468)

it includes an email from Oliver Pierce, the GU SID. Doesn't answer all of your above questions, however.
Thanks. I just saw it. Adding comments over there now...