PDA

View Full Version : Recording the ID Game with Comcast DVR

zaguarxj
11-18-2008, 12:02 PM
Just a warning for those who set their Comcast DVR to record tonight's game against ID. I just set mine when I went home for lunch. When I did, the DVR asked me if I wanted to record and extra 1/2 hour, since it was a live recording. I hit "yes," and then looked at the guide to see how it would show up. It showed that I had the game recorded from 6:00-7:30pm???!!! So, I modified the recording to add an extra hour and it showed on the guide that I have it recording from 6:00-8:00pm. I think Comcast messed up the programming guide, so I'm afraid that those of us out there who did not add extra time to the recording may only be getting the first hour of the game. Kind of late notice, but consider yourselves warned.

Zag4Hire
11-18-2008, 12:13 PM
Just a warning for those who set their Comcast DVR to record tonight's game against ID. I just set mine when I went home for lunch. When I did, the DVR asked me if I wanted to record and extra 1/2 hour, since it was a live recording. I hit "yes," and then looked at the guide to see how it would show up. It showed that I had the game recorded from 6:00-7:30pm???!!! So, I modified the recording to add an extra hour and it showed on the guide that I have it recording from 6:00-8:00pm. I think Comcast messed up the programming guide, so I'm afraid that those of us out there who did not add extra time to the recording may only be getting the first hour of the game. Kind of late notice, but consider yourselves warned.

Ahh the hijinx of the DVR. In a previous post, I explained how it messed up the opener for me. Tonight it will be juggling around 5 games to record. We'll see how it goes. There are so many good games on today/tonight, I wish it was Thanksgiving or another public holiday.

JLGutrocks
11-18-2008, 01:36 PM
Mine messed up Saturday. "Veggie Tales" was slated to be run in the time slot that the game started.

:(

bomberooski
11-18-2008, 01:48 PM
Mine messed up Saturday. "Veggie Tales" was slated to be run in the time slot that the game started.

:(

What Veggie Tales episode was it?

BoZarth
11-18-2008, 02:28 PM
BoZarth