PDA

View Full Version : OT: Rotnei Clarke's first game in NCAA

Goshzagit
11-18-2008, 08:09 AM
Remember him? Considering the amount of posts and interest in this kid awhile back, I thought to share his first game statistics as an NCAA player. He's currently a freshman at the University of Arkansas...

Clarke, Rotnei: 29 mins, 6-11 fg, 5-8 3pt, 1 ast, 17pts.

Not bad for a Freshman.

ZagMania
11-18-2008, 09:09 AM
He started as well.

Here is a story about Rotnei:
http://www.wholehogsports.com/nwat/70479

sittingon50
11-18-2008, 09:10 AM
Thanks, gosh. Hope the kid continues to keep lighting it up.

RenoZag
11-18-2008, 09:23 AM
Luke Babbitt, who was once on the Zags recruiting radar, started for Nevada and helped them beat Montana State: His line:

Pts: 20
Reb: 12
Asst: 1

UNR plays USD tonight

sittingon50
11-18-2008, 11:58 AM
Kudos to Luke also.

FuManShoes
11-18-2008, 12:42 PM
A pox on them both! They picked the wrong schools. May they toss nothing but bricks till they wise up and seek a transfer. And even then they should be made to beg and get mohawks, which we all know is the ultimate in demeaning hazing rituals. Oh, wait ....

I have, however, given a mighty cheer for ex-Zags who for one reason or another didn't stick. They at least had the foresight to try and be a Zag. So here's to you, Calum, P-Mac and Theo. All the best out there.

Edited to say: I'm a sour####, but even I recognize all student athletes deserve some props, some more than others.

TokyoZag
11-18-2008, 02:02 PM
It's always a bummer to lose recruits, but I also think it's great when they do well. That means that GU recruiting is on the right track.

Especially for some, like Deon Thompson, where we were in it to the very end.
We went down to the wire against UNC for him. Look at how well Vasquez is doing at MD and tell me that in the event that Bouldin never came here, the coaching staff didn't have a solid plan B lined up.

When zag-recruits do well (whether they attend Gonzaga or not), it's definitely a compliment/bragging point for GU coaches and fans.