PDA

View Full Version : Dickie V Prediction: Compliment or Curse?

McZag
11-18-2008, 06:36 AM
8am CST Nov. 18. Sports Center interview with Dickie V. Asking for his FF predictions. Louisville, UCONN, UNC......and GU!!!! Says it was a toss up between Davidson and Zag Nation. "Watch the Zags this year" he said.

Mind boggling. No idea why the old geazer is choosing us this year. Yes I know we look great on paper but this Zag fan is very hesitant about expectations.

Do we welcome this prediction or are we officially doomed??

bullzag23
11-18-2008, 07:12 AM
I'd say take it with a grain of salt. As long as he doesn't put us on the SI cover, or the Madden Football cover we'll be fine.

krozman
11-18-2008, 07:25 AM
The only curse is listening to him speak.

Just A Zag
11-18-2008, 07:35 AM
The only curse is listening to him speak.

:clap:

CDC84
11-18-2008, 07:53 AM
He has GU as a final 4 pick, but he doesn't have GU as being one of his top 5 teams. Go figure......

gamagin
11-18-2008, 08:12 AM
it's all noise. and DV is among the noisiest. In his defense, it's his job and apparently why viewers watch him.

Millions of people also read horoscopes and more millions study the stars for prognostications.

I like our chances of winning one game at a time. and I'm rooting for the Zags and hoping they will do just that. Right on through the season and into & through the big dance.

I predict with certainly only one thing. We will show up for each game.

Rubbadub
11-18-2008, 08:16 AM
I've already made my opinion of Dicky V known. Instead, I'll post my picks for the Final Four: UNC, Louisville, Pitt and the Zags.

johnwzag
11-18-2008, 08:20 AM
It is weird coming from him. He must know something. I watched a lot of games recently. I think the one team that has impressed me the most this year is Pitt. Did you see them play Miami OH who almost beat UCLA? Me thinks Duke will end up 15/16 UCLA 13/14.. Louisville unknow. Worried about Texas, MSU and PITT. UCONN really showed some weekness last night. We can take them with our talent if it is used to the best of our ability, no more injuries and they want it bad enough. I sure hope we do not face Stephen Curry again. I think we can beat him, but I just don't wanna find out.

I am hoping that Jermey, Meech, Josh and Austin are bonding on that court.

We will have a better idea after Turkey day. I am wearing a 2001 Gonzaga shirt right now! Final 4 baby!

seasontixholder
11-18-2008, 09:12 AM
The ESPN guys were kind of in a "show me" mindset about the Zags during the preseason, along with a lot of other prognosticators. Then it seems that just last week they came on board the Final Four bandwagon together. Did we wipe out Texas, and word leak back to them?

Rubbadub
11-18-2008, 09:15 AM
The ESPN guys were kind of in a "show me" mindset about the Zags during the preseason, along with a lot of other prognosticators. Then it seems that just last week they came on board the Final Four bandwagon together. Did we wipe out Texas, and word leak back to them?

All I can think of is that several of the teams still ranked ahead of us have had pretty unspectacular performances.

SteeleMan
11-18-2008, 12:28 PM
He has GU as a final 4 pick, but he doesn't have GU as being one of his top 5 teams. Go figure......

He's already seen the bracket.

bomberooski
11-18-2008, 01:02 PM
I'm loving this 23 hours of college hoops on ESPN but I'm getting sick of all the analysts trying to get tricky with it and make their wierd predictions. Like the guy last night having Arizona in his list of teams that are final four sleepers.

bomberooski
11-18-2008, 01:03 PM
Steve Lavin just put the Zags in his top 5 teams in the nation.

GUZagDenver
11-18-2008, 01:53 PM
Whoah easy on Dickie V. I love the guy, he is a legend. he does so much for the game and has unrivaled enthusiasm.

DrDrivel
11-18-2008, 02:32 PM
What's the final four?

I've wanted to know for a while, but I've been embarassed to ask.

Zagpower
11-18-2008, 03:03 PM
What's the final four?

It's the last thing you hear before you die in a freak golf accident.