PDA

View Full Version : Idaho vs. Gonzaga Thoughts

gonefishin247
11-17-2008, 11:44 PM
I like Idaho's PG Mac Hopson. Creative ball handler and passer and a very good shot maker as well. He kind of reminds me of a more athletic Dan Dickau. He is by far Idaho's best player and their leader. He started for Washington State two years (over Rochestie) until he fell out of favor with Tony Bennett (allegedly for diverting too much from the set offense).
Idaho only has a couple players with D1 playing experience. This game will not give this inexperienced team stage fright, though. They played at Michigan State two days ago in front of a much larger crowd and against a very, very good defensive and transitional team in the Spartans.
Nonetheless, Accuscore has the Bulldogs favored by 28 with a 96 percent chance to win. My prediction is 90:60 Zags.

gonefishin247
11-17-2008, 11:53 PM
Oh, forgot to mention, Idaho sports a Brazilian version of Sideshow Bob.

bullzag23
11-18-2008, 08:16 AM
Oh, forgot to mention, Idaho sports a Brazilian version of Sideshow Bob.

:D

As long as we don't have another 4:00 meltdown like we did at the end of the first half on saturday, I could see 90-60. I'd like to see more Meech, this kid will run circles around the UI guards.

BobZag
11-18-2008, 09:25 AM
I expect Few to only show a little. Gonzaga will not want to show its hand for the Orlando teams to see.

I think approach to the game, the Zags' mindset, will be emphasized most. A casual approach won't be what we fans want to see.

But nothing really new tonight. Just basics.

CDC84
11-18-2008, 09:30 AM
I would like to see Downs and Gray knock down some 3's (they missed a lot of wide open looks on Saturday), and for Gonzaga to avoid a let down period like they experienced at the end of the 1st half on Saturday. Other than that, avoid injuries.

johnwzag
11-18-2008, 10:21 AM
am wearing a Gonzaga Bulldogs 2001 Sweet 16 Tee-Shirt today. I hope no one is too offended here. :eek:

Larryzag
11-18-2008, 11:09 AM
I would like to see Downs and Gray knock down some 3's (they missed a lot of wide open looks on Saturday), and for Gonzaga to avoid a let down period like they experienced at the end of the 1st half on Saturday. Other than that, avoid injuries.

That is exactly what I was thinking. Downs, Gray and Daye need to trust their shot and don't give up when the first one or two miss.

Zagdawg
11-18-2008, 12:00 PM
Only if you are wearing nothing else............

2wiceright
11-18-2008, 02:16 PM
I agree wth the consensus of both Gray and Downs needing to both have hot hands tonight- it should go a long way towards getting them over-the-hump of starting off their expected game in , game out consistency which we all expect throughout the season (putting to rest some inconsistency of last seasons 3 pointer in and outs)...

TuckC
11-18-2008, 02:32 PM
I think Gonzaga should work on their shot and give their bigs on the bench a work out. The Zags need to have their shooting game on track when facing those teams in the Old Spice tourney. And we need to give some confidence to Will so if an when Josh gets in foul trouble, we can find a presence down low. Also maybe give Meech and Pargo some more time together to prepare for an athletic grouping in Orlando.

T-bonedazag
11-18-2008, 03:14 PM
I agree with Tuck....I would like to see Will get some more pt....especially if josh gets into foul trouble in Orlando

NotoriousZ
11-18-2008, 03:15 PM
I just want to see an early blowout so we can give Foster some more work. He's realy close to being a legitimate option when Josh is on the bench. One hour and 45 minutes until game time!

NotoriousZ
11-18-2008, 03:19 PM
I just noticed that some one just said almost the exact same thing I just said, so I guess I'll repeat it again: more pt for Will.

johnwzag
11-18-2008, 03:27 PM
Only if you are wearing nothing else............

:D

johnwzag
11-18-2008, 03:56 PM
I thought Micah had a great first game. I am expecting him to recover from a one game slump. I am so impressed with his improvement. Steven needs a big night for sure. We know it will come. Sooner is better.

1st game
Downs, Micah FG) 5-9 3 ball) 2-4
Gray, Steven FG) 2-6 3 ball) 1-5
Bouldin, Matt FG) 3-5 3 ball) 2-2

2nd game
Downs, Micah FG) 4-11 3 ball) 1-6
Gray, Steven FG) 3-8 3 ball) 1-5
Bouldin, Matt FG) 5-9 3 ball) 2-5

I look forward to seeing Pargo-Goodson controlling the game, assisting and driving it in.
I look forward to seeing the Heyfelt-Daye-Foster owning the paint.
I look forward to seeing the Bouldin-Downs-Gray sinking the threes.
I look foward to seeing Ira Brown slamming and Jamming. That man can jump!

On D, I hope to see the three defended, few points on the inside and Heytfelt-Daye blocks and boards.

My prediction 103-57 stands until I am proven wrong tonight.