PDA

View Full Version : National Map for GU game

GoZags
03-13-2007, 02:20 AM
As suspected, Gonzaga v Indiana will be the primary game across most of the nation.

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/bige/sports/m-baskbl/auto_pdf/pitt-wrightst.pdf

http://myweb.cwpost.liu.edu/bbyrne/GZPics/devoneshockey.jpg

former1dog
03-13-2007, 07:20 AM
:argh: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

You cannot be serious, Utah is going to be showing the dang BYU game.

:enraged:

:eek:

BBskorer
03-13-2007, 07:53 AM
Thanks for that GoZags. If you have a coverage map link to the other tourney games, please post!

229SintoZag
03-13-2007, 08:38 AM
:argh: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

You cannot be serious, Utah is going to be showing the dang BYU game.

:enraged:

:eek:

Um, no offense F1D, but if there is one place in America where I would expect to find the BYU game on, it is Utah.

Solution: Mega March Madness, MMOD, or a good sports bar.

former1dog
03-13-2007, 08:42 AM
Um, no offense F1D, but if there is one place in America where I would expect to find the BYU game on, it is Utah.

Yeah, I'm aware of that. Still doesn't make me feel any better. :mecry:

I want GU v. IU in HD at the Casa de F1Dog, and I don't want to pay extra for it!

:mad:

[I am aware that this makes me look like a spoiled brat. Oh well, let me have my tantrum.]

UberZagFan
03-13-2007, 08:48 AM
You'll have to find a place because not only do you have the BYU game, you have it "constant"ly. The best you'll see of GU is a "look-in". Bummer. But what do you expect living in Utah?

former1dog
03-13-2007, 08:53 AM
BTW - Can anyone with MMOD experience tell me what that is like?

thickman1
03-13-2007, 09:03 AM
Bonner and Johnson doing the BYU/Xavier game...

I used the MMOD last year and it wasn't that bad. The feed was pretty good but I didn't enjoy sitting at my desk watching the game. Rather uncomfortable.

ZagPants
03-13-2007, 09:08 AM
BTW - Can anyone with MMOD experience tell me what that is like?

Better than not watching, worse than having it beamed to your casa.

94zagoldwomanasherdsmen
03-13-2007, 09:13 AM

Umm...aren't those kinda few and far between in Utah? I think they're usually behind a starbucks and right next to the discount cigarette places.;)

I'm kidding - I have LDS Family, and I grew up in Idaho - so I get to pick on the Latterdays a little...and I know they secretly envy my GU libations, I just know it - Here's to Catholicism! Yahoo!

former1dog
03-13-2007, 09:14 AM
Better than not watching, worse than having it beamed to your casa.

Sorry for my ignorance, but is it just like watching the ball game on your computer monitor?

What is the cost?

TV tuner required for your computer?

ZagPants
03-13-2007, 09:37 AM
Sorry for my ignorance, but is it just like watching the ball game on your computer monitor?

What is the cost?

As long as you have a broadband connection, you should be fine. I'd try to sign up asap to see if you can get any remaining VIP pass. You'll get into the game feed faster.

Link: http://www.ncaasports.com/mmod

See below for a much more informative description from Uber.

UberZagFan
03-13-2007, 09:43 AM

What is the cost?

TV tuner required for your computer?No cost. A pop-up window displays the game--I think you have a choice of your feeds, i.e., windows or realplayer or maybe some other software. IIRC, the pop-up can be maximized to full screen but then it's blurry. The normal size feed is clear but obviously not as good as watching on TV.

You can sign up for the VIP pass, which you should try to do now if you plan on watching at all on the computer. When you visit the MMOD site, you are put in "line" behind all the other net users trying to get in as there are only so many feeds. The VIP pass puts you closer to the front of the line. I had VIP last year and I recall waiting for 2-3 minutes at most to get in. I had my laptop on while I was watching the games on TV and once I was in I just stayed in. I thought it was best for catching bits and pieces of games that were not on the local CBS feed.

Personally, F1D, for the GU game I would advise finding a TV that had the feed if at all possible.

former1dog
03-13-2007, 09:52 AM
Thanks folks. Very much appreciated.

NJZag
03-13-2007, 09:57 AM

What is the cost?

Edit: See updated information below for SLC.

NJZag
03-13-2007, 10:25 AM
If you're a Comcast cable customer in SLC, it looks like the CBS affiliate out of Idaho Falls is carried by your system, at Channel 654. And it's in the zone that's providing coverage of the Sacramento games. Get the VIP for MMOD anyway, just in case. Idaho Falls is still kind of "BYU Country" and the station management might decide to flip a switch. But the national coverage map shows both the CBS stations in Idaho Falls and Twin Falls as picking up GU-Indiana.

ZagNative
03-13-2007, 01:03 PM
This site purports to show which games will be shown in your zip code area: http://www.zap2it.com/. Put in your zip code in the upper right, then click TV Listings. Select your provider, and select the date. Looks cool.

The TV Planner provided by Comcast, http://tvplanner.comcast.net/ doesn't yet show the actual games to be shown but only the time alloted.

Edited to add: Looks like it works for the 99203 zip code for the first day, March 15, but not for the 2nd day. Back to the old drawing board, eh?

Akzag
03-13-2007, 01:54 PM
This is not overlooking any particular game, however, as I will be in mid-air on Saturday, certain contingency plans needed to be investigated. From cbssports.com

SATURDAY, MARCH 17 (1:00-10:00 PM, ET)
(announce and production teams same as Thursday)

Tip (ET), Site, Game
1:10 PM, Lexington I, Ohio State/Central Connecticut State vs. BYU/Xavier
3:20 PM, Buffalo I, Maryland/Davidson vs. Butler/Old Dominion
after conc. I, Lexington II, Texas A&M/Pennsylvania vs. Louisville/Stanford
after conc. I, Buffalo II, Duke/Virginia Commonwealth vs. Pittsburgh/Wright State
5:50 PM, Winston-Salem I, Georgetown/Belmont vs. Boston College/Texas Tech
5:55 PM, Sacramento I, Washington State/Oral Roberts vs. Vanderbilt/George Washington
after conc. I, Winston-Salem II, North Carolina/Eastern Kentucky vs. Marquette/Michigan State
after conc. I, Sacramento II, Indiana/Gonzaga vs. UCLA/Weber State

So, as I understand that, that means that if I wanted to watch the North Carolina/ (sorry E. Kent.) vs. Marquette/Michigan State, I would allow 2 hours for the first game and about a 20 minute break after the first game ended. That would give me an estimated tip-time of 8:10 ET = 7:10 WT (Woohoo Time) = 5:10 ZMT (Zag-Majority Time) = 4:10 me time.
I would imagine that being on the west coast, I will probably only get to see the first five minutes of the game before it switches to another regional site. Shucks ...

Does that sound right, though?

lothar98zag
03-13-2007, 03:44 PM
Wait - so does this mean there's a potential conflict between the men's (if they beat IU) and women's games on Saturday?!?!?

women @ 5pm PST
men potentially @ 5-5:30pm PST

ugh...

BoltZag
03-13-2007, 04:24 PM
I would imagine that being on the west coast, I will probably only get to see the first five minutes of the game before it switches to another regional site. Shucks ...

Does that sound right, though?

Without knowing what games will be covered regionally, I don't think we can assume the Winston-Salem game will be broadcast instead of the the Sacramento game.

In fact, based on last year's outcome of a certain GU/UCLA matchup, I think there is every reason to believe that this potential game would be the national game with the Winston-Salem game broadcast only in select markets.

Bottom line, no way to know until at least Thursday evening who will get what.

wazmix
03-13-2007, 08:57 PM
From AVS Forum........

Thread is Here.......... (http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=818513)

(Sorry, I'm not going to copy all the links.)