PDA

View Full Version : Please, no more missed dunks

FuManShoes
11-17-2008, 07:56 AM
I'm not gonna name names, only plead with our mighty and increasingly athletic Zags to bypass the desire to wind up on SportsCenter's Top 10 and instead finish a damn dunk with two hands (unless it's an alley-oop pass to Heytvelt off an inbounds, in which case he can do the one-handed tomahawk thing (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIZbMWANmgs) all he wants.) There have been too many missed dunks the last couple years. It's a minor gripe but says a little something about discipline. ... And sorry for the Monday buzz-kill. I just want the Zags to get it out of their system once and for all.

cjm720
11-17-2008, 08:04 AM
Dunk all day long in a blow out win! Go IRA! Gray's got some ups!!!

GO ZAGS!!!

bartruff1
11-17-2008, 08:48 AM
A dunk will get you a date !!! Boys will be boys...

Rubbadub
11-17-2008, 09:02 AM
If it's not a particularly close game, I'm all for Ira trying to give the fans their moneys worth with a highlight reeler that he might not make.

jbslicer
11-17-2008, 09:06 AM
Ira got yanked after the missed dunk.

Mr Vulture
11-17-2008, 11:59 AM
Look at the video....the pass was a little late and behind him..if he was able to get it with both hands and dunk, it would have been more impressive.

77Zag
11-17-2008, 12:58 PM
Look at the video....the pass was a little late and behind him..if he was able to get it with both hands and dunk, it would have been more impressive.

It was impressive just to see the elevation -- so he missed, no big deal. I'd rather see the display of athleticism than the average two hand stuff job ---
PS -- Bouldin's jam was his 2nd all time? Not sure Matt even cleared the rim by an inch.

krozman
11-17-2008, 01:13 PM
My big pet peeve is when any team is attempting to score in transition by passing across the entire court and missing by a mile, (ala Gray to Downs last game). It's obvious he doesn't practice it enough, why cause a high probability for a turnover?

bartruff1
11-17-2008, 01:19 PM
But a argument can be made that the dunk can excite the fans and just maybe get the team going at another level . I can remember the " Lew Alcindor Rule " when the fuddy duddies outlawed the dunk and it took some of the fun out of the game. I'll bet even Saint Mark can recall a fews dunks that he liked. And besides, Ehlo might be right , he usually is.

gamagin
11-17-2008, 02:13 PM
and drive.

If you are dunking, drive safely.

nobody likes a lousy dunk.

Schmitty
11-17-2008, 02:33 PM
and drive.

If you are dunking, drive safely.

nobody likes a lousy dunk.

and always remember to never drink and dunk.. you might spill your drink.

UberZagFan
11-17-2008, 02:37 PM
Chicks dig the dunk.

zag47
11-17-2008, 02:43 PM
Hey 77, (That's The Straw) Bouldin has been stuffing the ball since I started watching him play in the 10th grade. He can easily slap the paint over the top of the rim. Anyone on the team will tell you the same thing. Geez, some of the people on this board don't have a clue. Bouldin is stronger, quicker and alot more confident this year. He ran the guys defending him into the ground last night. If the fans didn't notice it he was leading in scoring at the half and even with them running a box & 1 on him the second half, he still gassed the defenders. Something else, I don't have the answer to, I saw at least 7 times when he posted up the guy on him and was ready and didn't get a pass. That game was perfect for him and no feeds. His defense was as good as I've seen in a while. Last year he was playing off the smaller guards last night he was in their faces and tying them up. Take a good look at the film if you have it, after the first half Hall scored 3 points on Gray after he scored 19 on mostly Jeremy and Gray in the first half. After that 3 pointer when they switched coverage and Bouldin was on him he shut him down.

It's been said before, so goes Bouldin, so goes the team and I think he is the factor or a big one at least. I think he is going to finish his shots at the rim more and more as the year gets age. Jeremy's perfofmance at point was great now if the team keeps playing it forward things will really start clicking. One more small thing, enough of these who should start polls, they are a waste. We know there are multiple lineups that could start and Bouldin fits in everyone. The "Fair Haired Boy" slurs are crap just little digs from little people. Bouldin starts because he should, period!

GO ZAGS

FuManShoes
11-17-2008, 03:00 PM
But don't miss the damn thing! Surely the embarrassment of missing a bunny and seeing the ball bounce to half court outweighs whatever boost in "crowd excitement" one realizes by making a simple slam into a tricky tomahawk.

All I'm saying is there are certain members of this team -- OK, it's really just one guy -- who keeps missing dunks when he was hyped as being the second coming of Dr. J(!).

ZagMania
11-17-2008, 04:13 PM
I only got to see it once but I thought Bouldin really got up there on his dunk.

gamagin
11-17-2008, 04:20 PM
I only got to see it once but I thought Bouldin really got up there on his dunk.

Spot on. It was literally effortless. This kid is just hitting his stride.

Steven Grey's steal and dunk was another big league effort, fwiw.

saintzag
11-17-2008, 04:23 PM
Instead of being critical . Show us you can make the dunk.

ZagNut08
11-17-2008, 04:36 PM
If it's not a particularly close game, I'm all for Ira trying to give the fans their moneys worth with a highlight reeler that he might not make.

x2

FuManShoes
11-17-2008, 05:41 PM
Instead of being critical . Show us you can make the dunk.

Ask, and ye shall receive :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMWBjHp4EfQ

It's not easy having this much hops. Moms always be tellin' me to SKY for the fine china!