• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Thomas_Sutpen
    Kennel Club
    • Feb 2007

Meech

I absolutely love this kid. For a freshman PG playing in a fairly complicated system, he is doing fantastic. I like the confidence he has garnered from Few--letting him play with 4 fouls (admittedly not in a pressure situation). Killer defense on Hall. (Mostly) good decisions.

Looking forward to watching him for the next few years.
  • MickMick
    Zag for Life
    • Apr 2007

For his first time out he was incredibly poised. In comparison, look how the freshman point for Kentucky (De Andre Liggins) fared.

Meech is the real deal. It will not be the end of the world when Jeremy leaves.
    I miss Mike Hart

Comment

• Ezag
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

Meech will definitely be able to take the reins when the time comes. He is the real deal. My worry is whose gonna take over for Josh H?

Comment

• CaliforniaZaggin'
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2008

Meech drew multiple charges in his first college game... I love him already.
        What are you doing, Adam? Do you even know how many people go blind from pizza shrapnel?

Comment

• FrosTbear
          Kennel Club Material
          • Mar 2007

beep beep

Speed Kills...the opponents, Love to see his hard nose play and his no look ball passing. We will need him this year.
          “Great plays wins games, but teamwork and hard work wins championships.”

Comment

• seasontixholder
            Banned
            • Nov 2007

There's a lot to like about DG. On a team full of laconic players, he is a great addition. His ball handling skills are very solid, and the decision-making advanced for his age. The defensive attitude is a joy to behold. He is going to be a huge plus as a leader once this group of upperclassmen exit the scene.

He needs a considerable work on his shot. Watching his jumper during the warmups last night was somewhat painful. But overall, the package is very impressive.

Comment

• roxdoc
              Zag for Life
              • Feb 2007

That Meech to Pargo to Meech driving layup was a thing of beauty - probably the play of the game. We definitely have a "diaper dandy"

Comment

• RenoZag
                Super Moderator
                • Feb 2007

He needs longer shorts. . .

The GUB Resource Library: Links to: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Comment

• ZagNative
                  Zag for Life
                  • Feb 2007

Meech needs a pic from the MSU-Billings game on this thread:

Comment

• MickMick
                    Zag for Life
                    • Apr 2007

Great picture ZN.

This young man has won me over in a big way. I love his potential on defense.
                    I miss Mike Hart

Comment

• Zag365
                      Zag for Life
                      • Apr 2007

Highlight reel

Originally posted by roxdoc View Post
                      That Meech to Pargo to Meech driving layup was a thing of beauty - probably the play of the game.
                      That was the first time this season that I came half-way out of my chair screaming "Yeeeeess!!!" Scared the beegeezus out of my wife and kids.

Comment

• ZagNative
                        Zag for Life
                        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Zag365 View Post
                        That was the first time this season that I came half-way out of my chair screaming "Yeeeeess!!!" Scared the beegeezus out of my wife and kids.
                        Me too, Zag365!

Comment

• Tmac5360
                          Kennel Club Material
                          • Oct 2007

Last night after leaving the game I couldn't stop talking about this kid. He works his butt off. I love the effort. He is really going to be fun to watch. I think the other thing about him is that ge is totally committed on D which we don't sometimes see.

Great pickup for the zags!!!!

Comment

• ZagsGoZags
                            Zag for Life
                            • Nov 2007

I love this board. Earlier someone said:
                            "On a team full of laconic players" Meech is a welcome addition. Mmmnnn.

I usually think of laconic in relation to artists, cowboys, and scientists. So now I have the project of digesting this comment.

LACONIC - using or involving the use of a minimum of words : concise to the point of seeming rude or mysterious

I don't know the players well enough ... Was J.P. Batista laconic? Not extremely talkative and his BB play was also quietly efficient. Turiaf is the opposite of laconic, right? He was extremely talkative and his BB play is demonstrative.

Dimitri's play is demonstrative, it seems to me. I wonder if he is talkative?

I love this board.

Comment

• seasontixholder
                              Banned
                              • Nov 2007

What's so hard? A lot of the guys aren't like Mark Spink or Q Hall.

Comment

Working...
                              X