PDA

View Full Version : Kentucky Gets Upset

Zagdawg
11-14-2008, 06:19 PM
By Virginia Military....ouch 111-103 tonight

It can happen--I guess.

Loyola Marymount gets beat by Milwaukee and Pepperdine beats CS Monterey Bay.

Nevtelen
11-14-2008, 06:32 PM
Big Blue nation has got to be having flashbacks of last season right about now... Wonder how many hits FireBillyG.whatever is getting about now.

Other interesting things going on - E Wash holidng their own @ Illinois (35 all last time I checked).

Long Beach and Coach Monson are giving BYU all they want @ BYU (down 1 51-50 right now in the 2nd half with 8:30 left).

NEZAGFAN
11-14-2008, 06:38 PM
Okie State beat Texas-San Antonio by 20. I think this game may be tougher then a lot of us believe.

ZagMan in Philly
11-14-2008, 06:44 PM
BYU is in a dog fight with LBState....gotta root for D.Monson.

zagfan08
11-14-2008, 07:00 PM
Things aren't looking good in Corvallis. 47-45 loss to Howard.

MickMick
11-14-2008, 10:44 PM
Gonzaga plays much better defense than Kentucky does.

But you will never get bloggers past the stereotype of yesteryear.

HillBillyZag
11-15-2008, 12:44 AM
I mean 111-103 , VMI made something like 18-32 threes. Kentucky trailed by 23 pts on several occaisons and fought back to tie the game at 95-95, then just ran out of gas. Jodie Meeks had 39 for the Cats and Stevenson had 20 and that was about their offense. Patterson finally woke up in he second half and hit the boards which really helped, but it was too little, too late. VMI's Holmes twins had 46 pts between them and Gabrial had 20. Keydets play NO defense, lightening quick and just try to run you off the floor, but are pretty talented scorers. Anyone who takes them lightly will be in for a long forty minutes. HBZ splurged and got the ESPN Full Court package and boy is this thing nice. I watched Ky vs VMI, some of Texas Tech beating St. Francis (Pa.) 81-47. Pat Knights team looked good, well coached and really ran the motion well. Alan Voskuil ( who hurt us last year) looked tough, has several great assists, 8 pts in limited time,plus they did'nt need him to shoot. Also watched a little of St. Johns beating L.I.U 73-63, Redmen (oops,STORM) although young, played decently and up tempo while the Blackbirds displayed some good set plays, but lacked the speed to run with St. Johns. Also watched a few minutes of OSU beat up UTSA 76-57, Cowboys looked good and Travis Ford has them playing with some discipline for a change. Caught a small amount of the OU beating up American 83-54. Blake Griffin is a stud and OU is tough. Frankly OU is the only team I saw that match up well inside against the Zags. By teh way, Eastern gave Illinois fits before losing a 66-50 game that really was'nt decided until late in the second half. Eagles are better than advertised and the Illini were too confident. Just a great night for a College hoops nut like myself.

Nevtelen
11-15-2008, 07:27 AM
Thabeet DOMINATED in the Uconn game with 23 and 17. WOW. He's going to be REALLY hard to stop. Also from that game, though (according to the AP story in ESPN) -

UConn's A.J. Price was ejected after a flagrant foul with just over 7 minutes left when he punched Joey Parker in the stomach as the two were battling for position on the left side of the lane.

"That particular play was just frustration built up throughout the whole game, because of what was going on between both teams," Price said. "We both got tangled up, and it wasn't just me who did anything and I got the flagrant because he got the worst of it."

UConn won by 26. It's not like it was a hard-fought, neck-and-neck slugfest or something. With all the issues Price has had, it really makes him look like a thug. I'm usually all for witholding judgement on players, but seriously? Puched him in the stomach?