PDA

View Full Version : OT - More bad news for Arizona

CDC84
11-14-2008, 02:44 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=3703153

The Arizona men's basketball team may be faced with trying to secure the eligibility of as many as six players in time for Monday's opener against Florida Atlantic in the NIT Season Tip-Off in Tucson, Ariz. Multiple sources confirmed to ESPN.com that the Wildcats have been working with the NCAA's Student Athlete Reinstatement Committee to determine if there is a need to declare six players -- sophomores Zane Johnson and Jamelle Horne and freshmen Garland Judkins, Brandon Lavender, Kyle Fogg and Alex Jacobson -- ineligible, and then seek their reinstatement as a procedural matter, if the players were given impermissible expenses while participating in the Cactus Classic, an AAU tournament held in May on Arizona's campus. Fogg and Horne started the Wildcats' exhibition win over Sonoma State on Wednesday.

BobZag
11-14-2008, 03:23 PM
Ouch, if it happens. Ouch.

ZagAddict
11-14-2008, 11:11 PM
Ouch, if it happens. Ouch.

I'll bet this has something to do with UofA not letting Withey out of his scholarship commitment... this program is heading downhill fast and Livengood is holding on by a thread. Maybe Sampson will come to his rescue ;)

CDC84
11-15-2008, 12:47 PM
Sampson is on his cell phone right now :o

CaliforniaZaggin'
11-15-2008, 01:31 PM
Forget trying to recruit and/or hold on to recruits -- though it's hard to believe, UoA seems to have bigger issues. Wow. How the mighty have fallen.

MedZag
11-15-2008, 06:03 PM
Are we seriously a matter of a week or two away from open tryouts on U of A's campus to literally fill out a roster?

azzagfan
11-15-2008, 09:14 PM
I had mentioned in the past that after attending the AZ Cactus Classic, I thought it was a huge recruiting advantage. I guess I was not only right, but it appears in many cases, it has been an illegal recruiting advantage (Lute encouraging boosters to support it, now this). I'm guessing they may now be thinking it's not worth it.

What's the odds that the AZ Cactus Classic doesn't happen in 09?

ZagAddict
11-15-2008, 09:29 PM
Plain and simple... Lute heard the footsteps of the NCAA coming and knew the university was going to get hammered with NCAA sanctions. Bravo to Livengood... is that Sampson behind door #2:lmao:

Memo to coach Few... please start trying to schedule a home and home series with Arizona State. Herb Sendek now sits in the throne of basketball in the state of Arizona.

:allhail:

sittingon50
11-15-2008, 10:31 PM
So, if U of A has open tryouts, do you suppose that will make their games with the huskies a coin flip?