PDA

View Full Version : TSN's top power forwards

CDC84
11-14-2008, 09:22 AM
http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=486173

2. Austin Daye, Gonzaga. It feels really weird to be ranking Daye at this position, but it's kind of where he'll play for the Zags this season, so it only seemed right to place him in this column. But Daye's is the game of a small forward. He has a terrific mid-range game, is a creative scorer and is a superb 3-point shooter. If he plays anything like a power forward -- if he grows comfortable with contact and battles for rebounds -- he won't be around the college game much longer and Gonzaga will last long into March. Maybe April.

KSTATEZAG
11-14-2008, 09:48 AM
Daye is an absolute matchup nightmare on the offensive end at the 4.
I'm a little worried about the defensive side of the ball though. He's going to have a tough time in not giving up position to a wider body.

former1dog
11-14-2008, 09:54 AM
I'm a little worried about the defensive side of the ball though. He's going to have a tough time in not giving up position to a wider body.

Good point, he's got to learn to be a bit savvy on the defensive end of court and show some toughness, ala Mark Spink, who I think was skinnier and shorter than Daye but definitely held his own against bigger players.

By savvy I mean he's got to use his feet (good positioning) and his long arms to be a force on defense.