PDA

View Full Version : Hubert Davis says Pargo is his player to watch in the West

FuManShoes
03-12-2007, 07:52 PM
On tonight's lengthy College Gamenight, Davis, Gottlieb, Reese and Digger all picked a player to watch in each bracket, and Hubert said Pargo is his man. Talked about the ability to drive and they showed some tomahawk jams. Hopefully GU gets a few games so Jeremy & Co. can show their stuff. ...

Also, Few gave Reese his "John Stockton" award for dealing so well with all the egos on the Gamenight desk .

RebornZag
03-12-2007, 08:11 PM
I've liked Hubert Davis from the very beginning this year. I find, in him, a true companion in Zagsphere, someone that I think alike (and that's been pretty rare for me this year). I have not swayed my opinion, even when I've been pretty down (after the Cheney incident). Somehow I was given a gift, I think, of just not giving up on the Zags this year. I don't really understand it either. This belief just won't go away under any circumstance. I don't get it.

I think Hubert's been that way as well. During our DARK DAYS Hubert did not lose the vision of the Light at the end of the tunnel. He believed in The Zags when it's the hardest to believe....WHEN ALL THOSE AROUND YOU DON'T....

I agree with his assessment of Mr. Pargo....Pargo this year is going to do what Matt Santangelo did in '99, accept on a bigger scale because he (Pargo) is more athletic and will throw down some monster dunks. As we all know, not too many people really know how good we are. (Ohhh. And don't rule out yet that this team is better then last year's team...this was the great debate at the very beginning of preseason),

...WE ARE NOW GOING TO BE ON THE BIG STAGE...And for some odd reason Gonzaga just seems to flourish in that atmosphere (we saw it at the beginning of the year against Carolina, Texas, UW...I think Matt Bouldin is also going to shine the way he did at the beginning of the year...Most people have forgotten about Matt, but HE IS BACK FOLKS!!!

And Raivio, Downs....and Pendo....These guys are ready to shine......

UberZagFan
03-12-2007, 10:07 PM
Yes, Hubert had nice things to say about Pargo....including that he can hit the three. :p

Admittedly, that part of his game has improved but I'll stil prefer if he took it to the rack with a spin move.

sonuvazag
03-13-2007, 08:09 AM
Admittedly, that part of his game has improved but I'll stil prefer if he took it to the rack with a spin move.

As long as one ability makes the other easier... if he gets to the rack regardless of what the d tries, forget shooting, but if he can free himself up a little by giving the d more than one thing to worry about, I say do both.

Pargo's pretty instinctive and I like that.

wazZag
03-13-2007, 08:13 AM
Pargo has improved considerably on his 22% 3P percentage of last year (now at 38% per ESPN) but I'm still suffering from the aftershocks of watching him shoot it last season. Another solid offseason and we might have another threat from outside. The delivery leaves alot to be desired though...