PDA

View Full Version : If You Have to Circle One Game

Zag4Hire
11-13-2008, 06:54 PM
So many HUGE games on the schedule, what game do you believe is going to be the true barometer game? A few games worthy of consideration: @ Wazzu, vs UConn, @ Tennessee, vs Memphis, and @ SMC. I think the UConn game will be huge for the matchup it presents and if the the undersized frontcourt for GU can contain Thabeet like last year. Wazzu drips of revenge game but I am not expecting the caliber year from the Cougs like the past few. SMC is big in terms of the WCC but outside of that, I am looking for a true barometer game. I lean more towards the Tennesse and Memphis games because are the last of the out-of-conference (sorry USCU). The Tennessee one is a huge road game but I am going to pick the Memphis game for several reasons:

1) ESPN Gameday will be on campus and this game will truly affect the seeding that GU gets. Don't say it doesn't matter. Last year, a 10 seed had to take a little jaunt down the road to play a lower seeded team and yes, I am still bitter.
2) It is definitely a revenge game.
3) Memphis sans CDR, Rose, and Dorsey, return the rest of the Championship Runner-Up team.
4) An athletic matchup that definitely defines the power conference school matchups in the NCAA Tourney.

Several things point to a GU victory:
1) Free throw shooting
2) Rose not running the offense
3) Memphis on the road against SMU 3 days before game. A lot of travel in a short period of time.

former1dog
11-13-2008, 07:30 PM
If we play Michigan State, that game will be a huge barometer.

A close second will be UCONN...

Reborn
11-13-2008, 07:31 PM
The Battle in Seattle vs Connecticut I think it's time for the Zags to win in Seattle. Winning in Seattle is a very good omen!!! We lost our last 2 BIS games, and really did not do well in the NCAA tournament. And don't even think we can't beat them in Seattle.

I also think the championship game in the Old Spice Classic should be good. The last time we made it to the Sweet 16 we made it to the championship game in Maui, and we did win the BIS.

We've lost 2 straight games to the Cougs, so this one is huge for me. I want this one BAD. I'm a 1966 grad and the Cougs were always our biggest rivalry.

krozman
11-13-2008, 07:40 PM
If we were to beat UConn during the regular season (the elite 8 spoiler), spank UCLA in the elite 8 / final 4, and win a national championship, I can pretty much stop watching basketball forever, because I'd take that championship over 10 championships.

saintzag
11-13-2008, 08:04 PM
The Battle in Seattle vs Connecticut I think it's time for the Zags to win in Seattle. Winning in Seattle is a very good omen!!! We lost our last 2 BIS games, and really did not do well in the NCAA tournament. And don't even think we can't beat them in Seattle.

I also think the championship game in the Old Spice Classic should be good. The last time we made it to the Sweet 16 we made it to the championship game in Maui, and we did win the BIS.

We've lost 2 straight games to the Cougs, so this one is huge for me. I want this one BAD. I'm a 1966 grad and the Cougs were always our biggest rivalry.
Iagree 100%. It is time to win The battle in Seattle. It is also and always time to beat the cougs.

23dpg
11-13-2008, 08:47 PM
The game against the Washington Huskies on.........where are they on the schedule?.......er.......nevermind.