• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zagfan1
    Zag for Life
    • Nov 2007

Where are the rest of the signees?

Just curious to know if anyone else is going to be signing soon?
  • Angelo Roncalli
    Bleeds Bulldog Blue
    • Feb 2007

Manny Arop's LOI is in the mail.
    You have to love the Gonzaga fan. Not satisfied to be affronted merely by common hosings at the hands of ragtag referees, he plows all avenues of discontent. - John Blanchette

Gonzaga University...Home of the Zags...The Bulldogs. If you pronounce it "Gone Zaw Ga," they'll know you're not from here and they may charge you more for your coffee. - Garrison Keillor

Comment

• spudzag
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

Any futher report on Bol? The two mystery signees?

Comment

• bullzag23
        Foo Fantasy Football Champ 2015
        • Apr 2008

I saw the article on gozags.com about Dower's LOI, but we had pretty much penciled him in since his visit/verbal here anyways. I think I can safely speak for us all in saying we are all anxiously awaiting the news regarding these 'mystery' signees. Hopefully news comes soon.
        Last edited by bullzag23; 11-13-2008, 09:18 AM. Reason: Typos....always those damned typos
        A lot of people are afraid of heights. Not me, I'm afraid of widths.
        Steven Wright

Foo Fantasy Football Champ 2012
        Foo Fantasy Football Last Place Champ 2013

Comment

• zag67
          Zag for Life
          • Sep 2007

Question:

How long is the signing period? Is it open 1 week or ???

Comment

• MississppiZag
            Bleeds GU Blue
            • May 2008

Nov. 12-19 is the early signing period.

Dower and Arop are going to sign. Will Bol have to wait until the spring, after he finds out about his Visa? Or will he sign now? Also, i would personally be surprised if we see any one sign besides Arop and Dower.
            "I enjoyed watching them play more than watching us play," Izzo said after watching his team eke out a 75-71 win over Gonzaga. "I thought they punched us in the mouth, picked us up and punched us in the mouth again."

Comment

• CDC84
              Super Moderator
              • Feb 2007

Keep in mind that all the players may sign before 11/19, but that Gonzaga may not publicly announce all their signings until after that date.

I have to believe that Kong can sign a LOI despite his visa issues being up in the air. But I'm not certain of this. And there will be a 4th player in addition to Dower, Arop and Kong.

Comment

• MississppiZag
                Bleeds GU Blue
                • May 2008

I think you are right CDC. I just can't wait for Kong to sign his LOI. He is going to be a great player. Anyone know if his letter has been sent in the mail or when this will be announced officialy? He has tried to hard not to be let into the country.
                "I enjoyed watching them play more than watching us play," Izzo said after watching his team eke out a 75-71 win over Gonzaga. "I thought they punched us in the mouth, picked us up and punched us in the mouth again."

Comment

• BobZag
                  Dark Lord of the Zag
                  • Jan 2007

We try but, really, the only folks who can answer these questions are the coaches, and they are extremely tight-lipped.

Patience, young jedis.
                  The Kennel: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

Comment

• jim77
                    Zag for Life
                    • Oct 2007

GU has some serious potential recriuts....Manny,Kelly,bol,and Sam. Talk about a talented group.....RELOAD is right!

Comment

• zag67
                      Zag for Life
                      • Sep 2007

Jim you are right. With that group and the returning players, I think that they could end up being super next year and meany years to come. It is going to be fun watching this years team and then follow the players that will be here next year. The hardest part is to enjoy the journey this year and not think about what will be.

Comment

• a4zag
                        Bulldog Fan
                        • Oct 2008

This year

zag67 is absolutely right. While it is exciting to see what is coming down the line I am plenty happy to get excited and enjoy his season.
                        GO ZAGS
                        -A 4 Zag

Comment

• MississppiZag
                          Bleeds GU Blue
                          • May 2008

Patience? How am supposed to be patient with the season starting, Arop and Dower signing, and the possibility of Oylnyk and Kong signing? Please tell me how, Bob?

Comment

• zag67
                            Zag for Life
                            • Sep 2007

So Mississ..,

What you are saying is that you must be the type of person who turns on the TV to watch GU play a game. But instead of watching the game, you are working on a pad of paper and figuring out how the team will do in the next game. I sometimes feel the same and know the feeling........ PATIENCE is not easy, when we do not have any games to watch.

Comment

• MississppiZag
                              Bleeds GU Blue
                              • May 2008

Here's the difference. I watch the entire game without blinking. Afterwards i go to the DVR, watch the game again, and go to work on the pad.

I think everyone will agree. No better feeling then the start of the season and watching Gonzaga play.

Comment

Working...
                              X