PDA

View Full Version : Ya, Siena will be a push-over at Old Spice

Zerogame
11-12-2008, 05:33 PM
The Saints struck a blow for the mighty little MAAC when they upset No. 4 Vanderbilt 83-62 for the league's fourth-ever round of 64 win, the widest NCAA victory margin in conference history. As a testament to the team's continued potential, Siena loaded the all-league preseason team with three big guns: dynamic guard Kenny Hasbrouck, multiple-position threat Edwin Ubiles and undersized post man Alex Franklin. The trio combined for 48.2 ppg a season ago.

I don't see my Zags in a cake-walk no matter who they get. An Old Spice Championship will be a real feather-in-the-cap for the Zags.

zagfan08
11-12-2008, 05:49 PM
I don't think anyone considers them a push-over. They drilled Vandy and then I believe return just about everyone for another run this year. They have a chance to make a statement in this tournament and will be a tough matchup for any team.

Zerogame
11-12-2008, 06:02 PM
Seems like I remember a post a couple of weeks ago stating that Sienna looked like the cupcake of the teams at Old Spice. But then again I might be way off base on that. Anyway, the field is loaded and I'm looking forward to a hard fought championship trophy for the ZAGS. Did I just doom the bulldogs? :(

Nevtelen
11-12-2008, 06:18 PM
Seems like I remember a post a couple of weeks ago stating that Sienna looked like the cupcake of the teams at Old Spice. But then again I might be way off base on that. Anyway, the field is loaded and I'm looking forward to a hard fought championship trophy for the ZAGS. Did I just doom the bulldogs? :(

Someone posted that Siena was a pushover, but abotu 5 people jumped in with the correction and the note of the Vandy result. The only pushover in the Old Spice will be Wichita St and I'm pretty sure GU won't be seeing them.

CDC84
11-12-2008, 07:21 PM
Siena, in many ways, is a mirror image of the first team they will be playing in Orlando: Tennessee. The Vols are now down to one point guard on their roster due to a recent academic casuality. It is a dangerous game for Bruce Pearl's crew.