PDA

View Full Version : Bracket Observation

zagzealot
03-12-2007, 02:01 PM
From MSNBC's Top Ten Tips to filling out those Brackets:

Before you pencil in Texas A&M and UCLA as title contenders, consider this: No team that has lost its first conference tournament game has ever won the national title. Maybe it's because those teams enter the NCAAs cold or that those teams just aren't playing well. Either way, it's a serious setback.

Other big-name schools that lost in the first round? Duke, Tennessee, Marquette and Vanderbilt.

El Voce
03-12-2007, 02:55 PM
Some teams ( the Zags come to mind) are playing their best ball right now. UCLA is on a two game losing streak -- UW and Cal, neither a team that raises much fear from their opponents.

siliconzag
03-12-2007, 03:02 PM
My brother, how it hurts me to see you dis the Bears like that. Or perhaps I meant to say, how sad it makes me that the Bears caused you speak ill of them. Are you coming to SAC? Sili

VaBeachZAG
03-12-2007, 06:14 PM
I have a gut feeling that UCLA is vulnerable right now. If the winner of the GU vs. IU game (hopefully it will be the Zags) demonstrates that they have brought their A-game to the tournament, I believe that team will have an excellent chance of knocking off the Bruins. I know, current focus needs to be on Thursday. Nevertheless, I would not be the least bit surprised to see the GU/IU winner make a run to the elite 8.

El Voce
03-12-2007, 08:10 PM
My brother, how it hurts me to see you dis the Bears like that. Or perhaps I meant to say, how sad it makes me that the Bears caused you speak ill of them. Are you coming to SAC? Sili

Nope, Sili, won't be making it down. Mrs. Voce and I were at Portland last weekend and had a great time there.

You have any odes planned for Thursday game??