PDA

View Full Version : OT: Official Play In Game Prediction Thread

former1dog
03-12-2007, 01:30 PM
FAMU or Niagra?

lothar98zag
03-12-2007, 02:22 PM
For anyone that actually watches this poor excuse for a tourney game, I predict:

http://research.unc.edu/endeavors/spr2005/images/index_pain.gif

(I watched the first year the NCAA force this game on us. Never again! I wish the NCAA had the balls to reduce the # of at-large bids by one so the field size could go back to 64 - but since the BC$ rules all, it'll never happen.)

former1dog
03-12-2007, 02:25 PM
Ahhh , the obligatory PAIN prediction... :lmao:

Niagra by 10. Why? Why not.

UberZagFan
03-12-2007, 02:27 PM
Niagra got jobbed and they'll come out playing with a vengeance in the hopes of becoming the first 16 seed to beat a one. And with Kansas on the horizon, anything's possible.

gamagin
03-12-2007, 02:29 PM
Falls . . . .

UberZagFan
03-12-2007, 02:33 PM
I wish the NCAA had the balls to reduce the # of at-large bids by one so the field size could go back to 64 - but since the BC$ rules all, it'll never happen.

I know the BS$ conferences would never let it happen but the last two at-large teams should be the ones "playing-in". The game is not even a real tourney game. It's not at the regular sites. There is not the crowd or the "feel" of the tourney game. The team that loses essentially just gets to play another OOC game even though they earned an auto-bid. Make Illini play Ark for the right to be seeded 12 in the West or something. That actually might turn into a game people would watch.

thickman1
03-12-2007, 04:13 PM
Purple Eagles by A LOT.

delarose
03-12-2007, 04:35 PM
All the play-in game does is rob a well-deserving school of the chance to be a part of the excitement that is the NCAA Tournament. Just imagine if you are part of a small school that makes a magical run and gets to the tournament for the first time...then you realize you are going to Dayton, Ohio to play against Niagra or FAMU in the play-in game. I know it is all about the big schools and the large conferences, but does keeping 31 at large bids really matter that much? Would the tournament be that much worse without Indiana? Let the small schools get the chance to play in the big games against the big schools at the larger venues. The thrill of playing against the UNC's of the world and being a part of the tourney should be the reward for winning a conference, not going to a HS gym in Dayton to play another small school. Let them play UNC and lose by 40, maybe that is all they want to do. The play-in game is worthless and does nothing but lessen the tournament as a whole.

Akzag
03-12-2007, 05:11 PM
True story. Overheard as a friend reviewed the bracket ...

"Kansas vs. Florida A&M / Niagara ? That's a pretty big campus ...."

I think he was joking, but he is BCS boy, so you never know ....

Niagara by 20. FAMU's victory was just getting in the field (well-executed play to win it though ....)