PDA

View Full Version : OT-Toronto@Charlotte This Morning

katman50
11-09-2008, 08:23 AM
I noticed that Toronto@Charlotte will be televised on CBC (Canadian) at 10 this morning, Pacific time. For those of you in the Seattle area, with Comcast, it says channel 99 or CBUT. In case any are interested.

ZagMania
11-09-2008, 09:10 AM
Thanks for the heads up!

ZagMania
11-09-2008, 02:54 PM
Ammo played solid today. Had a couple of nice passes, moved the ball well, and didn't turn it over. He hit a three and had another ridiculous long fadeaway to beat the shot clock with a guy draped on him. One thing he could have done better was attacking the hoop. His first basket was on a nice floaty runner, and he tried the same move later in the game but it was short. He got the rebound and then was swatted by Bargnani. If he went hard all the way to the hoop he'd be insuring himself of some free throws. He definitely looks more finesse than he did at GU, maybe some of this is due to the knee?

I don't think Jason Richardson is good at all. He plays too much one on one basketball and tries to do way too much. At least today it seemed Charlotte did pretty good whenever he wasn't in. Just checked the boxscore and my instincts were right, he had a -22 +/-. Dudley seems like he'll be a solid role player in the pros, to my surprise. I thought he was overrated at BC.

B Wayne
11-09-2008, 08:51 PM
I've watched all the Bobcat games Ammo's rookie year and this year. In college, Adam's bread and butter were those running floaters and mid range game. He added the "lights out" 3 point game to his base game in his college junior year.

I was shocked when he had difficulty making those floaters and mid range shots his rookie NBA year, but as Coach Few stated about Adam in the NBA, those guys are really strong and big in the NBA. Adam seemed to be able to get those floaters and such off in his rookie year, but they just didn't go in. I wonder if it's just the size of the NBA defenders, a little bigger, stronger and taller, that imperceptibly forces Adam to let go of runners a little sooner and a little farther from the basket

Adam is starting out well this year. Alot alot of his points are coming from some sweet long range threes, but he is still having some difficulties with the mid range in. I'm hoping this year the problem with the mid range is somewhat caused by the fact his knee isn't quite 100%. Once he starts hitting those runners and floaters, he will be the Adam we saw in college.