PDA

View Full Version : UW game -- 11/16 in Seattle

Zag365
11-08-2008, 11:32 AM
I haven't seen any pub from GU about this game. Why not? Seems like a natural given the # of Puget Sound alums/families

Zagineer
11-08-2008, 06:40 PM
I haven't seen any pub from GU about this game. Why not? Seems like a natural given the # of Puget Sound alums/families

The operative word being Pub. :D

Seriously, Zag365 has a point. We need to assemble the largest crowd possible to support our Lady Zags.

I and Mrs. 'Neer will be there for sure. Just not sure how to go about it. I've gone to Gohuskies.com to purchase tickets, but they don't recognize that I'm the visitor. The last thing I want to do is sit with a bunch of Huskies. I want to sit with a bunch of Zags!

Right now, my game plan is to buy tics at the gate, wearing my GU sweatshirt. I would hope they sell me tics in the correct location.

heavyzag
11-08-2008, 06:43 PM
My wife and I will be in the house sporting our Zag gear...

BoZarth
11-11-2008, 11:53 AM
Thought I might bring my 4 1/2 old daughter to the game. It's looking like buying the tickets at the gate is the best. If any of you have any ideas please share.

BoZarth

Angelo Roncalli
11-11-2008, 12:29 PM
I'd recommend stopping by Graves and buying reserved seats in advance. You may still be able to get tickets in the area behind the GU bench.

Oldsport
11-11-2008, 01:53 PM
I'd recommend stopping by Graves and buying reserved seats in advance. You may still be able to get tickets in the area behind the GU bench.

Angelo, I'm confused...how does that work. Coach Graves selling tickets to out of town games? Is this a block of tickets that the GU athletic department receives to sell to it's on fans? :confused: Are these usually parent's tickets? Is it necessary to contact Coach Graves personally or does the GU ticket office have the "behind the bench" tickets for away games?....help me out, please. :confused:

Oldsport,...a dummy?....where have I been hiding?

Angelo Roncalli
11-11-2008, 02:21 PM
Sorry 'sport, I should have been more clear.

The UW ticket office is in Graves Hall, near the Bank of America Arena, on the UW campus:

Graves Building Room 101
Seattle, WA 98195-4070

I don't recommend stopping by Kelly Graves' office to get tickets.

Zagineer
11-11-2008, 02:26 PM
Angelo, I'm confused...how does that work. Coach Graves selling tickets to out of town games? Is this a block of tickets that the GU athletic department receives to sell to it's on fans? :confused: Are these usually parent's tickets? Is it necessary to contact Coach Graves personally or does the GU ticket office have the "behind the bench" tickets for away games?....help me out, please. :confused:

Oldsport,...a dummy?....where have I been hiding?

Ahhhh....Oldsport. Not sure if you're joking or serious. If you're joking, I did get a chuckle. But just in case someone out there is taking you seriously, I'll bite.

The Husky Ticket Office is located at 101 Graves Building. (Look. They have so much respect for us, they even named a building after our coach. :D )

The seating arrangement in Huskyville is much different than K2. The Student Section is the entire lower side behind the team benches - Both teams! The husky Band is also behind the Visitor Bench just above the Students. So, there are no seats available "behind the Visitor Bench", unless you want to sit way up high above the Husky Band.

I called the Husky Ticket Office (101 Graves Building) to find out what section the Visitors have. The answer I got was, "Well, there's really no section designated for visitors. But we can get you tickets in Section 4 that is close to the Visitors Bench." Section 4 is in the corner/end next to the Visitor's Bench.

There were some tickets still available in Setion 8 (dead center across from the team benches) up on Row 20, but I'm sure that rows 1 through 19 are just full of Huskies. I think I'm going to opt for Section 4 in the corner.

Here's a link to how to buy tickets to a Husky Game. Go to the middle of the page where it says "How to buy Sigle Game tickets and click on the "Here".

http://gohuskies.cstv.com/tickets/2005-06-w-baskbl-tickets.html

Here's a link to their seating chart and ticket purchase for the Gonzaga game on 16 Nov.

http://ev12.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/SEGetEventInfo?ticketCode=GS%3AHUSKIES%3AWB08%3AWB 01%3A&linkID=uwash&shopperContext=&caller=&appCode=

Hope this helps some.

Oldsport
11-11-2008, 05:37 PM
Thanks fellas!

Sorry, but I have never purchased UW tickets before. I had no idea what Angelo was talking about after reading his post. It seemed impossible to me that Coach Graves was a ticket vendor! :lmao:

I would like to go to the UW game but my daughter and son-in-law are out of town this weekend (they live over there) which leaves me out in the cold. I wonder if Katelan will travel with the team?

As dingy as I am it's hard to ever tell whether or not I am kidding, huh Zagineer? At least they named the building after Coach Graves! :)

I really should get my brain aneurysm fixed. :explode: