PDA

View Full Version : Arizona dominates...not!

Zerogame
11-07-2008, 11:43 AM
November 07, 2008, 12:01 a.m.
STEVE RIVERA
Tucson Citizen
There were scary moments for the University of Arizona men's basketball team at McKale Center on Thursday night.

Arizona eventually prevailed 97-83 in the exhibition over Incarnate Word in interim coach Russ Pennell's first (unofficial) game after replacing the recently retired Lute Olson.

But . . .

• Junior guard Nic Wise went down and into the locker room with eight minutes left in the first half with a cut just above his eye.

• Junior leader Chase Budinger struggled offensively all night.

• The lineups didn't look too appealing for some of the game.

• Perhaps worst, UA trailed 41-40 after 21 minutes against the Division II school from San Antonio, Texas.

It might get ugly in Phoenix.

MississppiZag
11-07-2008, 11:54 AM
I watched the game on Fox Sports Pacific last night. I watched the 2nd half. They looked horrible on D, and okay on Offense. It was like it was three players playing at a time(Budinger, Wise, and Hill). If we run like i know we can we can easily get 80 or 85. No defense was displayed all night after a miss. It was ran through Budinger and Hill, Wise was the catalyst(he played to fast which resulted in to many TO's). Everyone looked to pass, for the most part.

On the other hand Hill looked really good. A good challenge for Josh. I predict a win by 8. Lot of time between now and the mid of Dec, though.

JLGutrocks
11-07-2008, 11:03 PM
I watched the game on Fox Sports Pacific last night. I watched the 2nd half. They looked horrible on D, and okay on Offense. It was like it was three players playing at a time(Budinger, Wise, and Hill). If we run like i know we can we can easily get 80 or 85. No defense was displayed all night after a miss. It was ran through Budinger and Hill, Wise was the catalyst(he played to fast which resulted in to many TO's). Everyone looked to pass, for the most part.

On the other hand Hill looked really good. A good challenge for Josh. I predict a win by 8. Lot of time between now and the mid of Dec, though.

I predict a win by 30.