PDA

View Full Version : A Couple Details re: Texas-Gonzaga

BobZag
11-07-2008, 09:57 AM
It's my understanding the ThunderRidge gym is taped for the new college 3-point line and that new shot clocks are being brought in. It will be as game-authentic as can be. This will likely be much longer than your average game, probably with a morning session and an afternoon session sandwiched around some sort of catered meal. That's how these usually are. It'll be cool for the Zags and Horns to get to know one another off the court as well as on the court. Texas is projected to be a top team, too. It'll probably be be more than just a scrimmage, ie, situational plays (two points down with 30 secs to play, etc.), inbounds plays in different situations, experimenting with presses, etc.

This is just sooooo much better than beating up on a D-2 school.

And yes, the place will be locked tight so don't even think about attending. :)

rennis
11-07-2008, 10:02 AM
It's my understanding the ThunderRidge gym is taped for the new college 3-point line and that new shot clocks are being brought in. It will be as game-authentic as can be. This will likely be much longer than your average game, probably with a morning session and an afternoon session sandwiched around some sort of catered meal. That's how these usually are. It'll be cool for the Zags and Horns to get to know one another off the court as well as on the court. Texas is projected to be a top team, too. It'll probably be be more than just a scrimmage, ie, situational plays (two points down with 30 secs to play, etc.), inbounds plays in different situations, experimenting with presses, etc.

This is just sooooo much better than beating up on a D-2 school.

And yes, the place will be locked tight so don't even think about attending. :)

Thanks BZ. You're right, this will do much more for the team than a drubbing of a small school. I just hope we don't show them too much in case we face them down the road in an important game. ;)

BobZag
11-07-2008, 10:06 AM
If the Zags meet up with the Horns, it'll be in March, and both teams will be a lot different by then. Few and Barnes are best of friends. Neither will divulge anything to any other coach. At least, that's the theory. :)

GUZagDenver
11-07-2008, 11:12 AM
It's not like they won't be able to see every one of our games on tape this season if we play them in March. By then, no one really has too many tricks up their sleeves anyway.

NotoriousZ
11-07-2008, 02:40 PM
Eight days until Montana State-Billings. I guess I can wait that long.:mad:

IrishZag
11-07-2008, 03:20 PM
Anybody know how this got scheduled? Was this set up as a treat for Bouldin and his family since they are playing at his high school?

P.S. HRHS FALCONS FOR LIFE!

BobZag
11-07-2008, 03:25 PM
Anybody know how this got scheduled? Was this set up as a treat for Bouldin and his family since they are playing at his high school?

P.S. HRHS FALCONS FOR LIFE!

Few and Barnes are good friends. Matt's family isn't allowed to attend. Denver is roughly a halfway point and a hub between Spokane and Austin.

VinnyZag
11-07-2008, 03:48 PM
Plus the GU staff probably had good contacts at ThunderRidge, seeing as how they recruited Bouldin and all.

CDC84
11-07-2008, 04:45 PM
The last thing both schools want is to rent out some huge arena or something. A high school gym is ideal. It's cheap and there are only so many ways to get in ;)

Gonezagaga
11-07-2008, 10:40 PM
Do you think they need someone to run the clock?;) I'm just sayin'......

Section 116
11-08-2008, 09:55 AM
Nothing earthshattering here but there is a bit of info from the Texas view:

http://texas.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=872544

JohnOGU
11-08-2008, 06:24 PM
Although it is a scrimmage, we won. as we should have...

alaskazagnut
11-08-2008, 06:46 PM
Is there a link to the fact that we won? I would like to see any write up of analysis from the "scrimmage".

Nevtelen
11-08-2008, 10:30 PM
I'll second that - any info that can be shared/found would be great...

JohnOGU
11-09-2008, 12:39 AM
No details, guys... i just heard we won. be happy. texas is ranked ahead of us. GO ZAGS

2011Zag
11-09-2008, 02:19 AM
GU by 5. There won't be any official sources but trust us. Zags by 5.