PDA

View Full Version : Announcers of Indiana Game

Angelo Roncalli
03-12-2007, 12:50 PM
James Brown/Len Elmore

former1dog
03-12-2007, 12:53 PM
James Brown/Len Elmore

Not a Len Elmore fan, especially after last year when he was actively rooting for UCLA during our Sweet 16 match up. :mad:

jbslicer
03-12-2007, 01:16 PM
Elmore did a horrible job calling last year's UCLA-GU game. He was pretty biased for UCLA.

Zags4life
03-12-2007, 01:17 PM
Elmore was absolutely intolerable during the U*** game. I still don't understand what motivated him to slant his commentary so obviously.

TuckC
03-12-2007, 01:19 PM
Farmar and the boys mesmorized him and he has a mancrush on John Wooden, find myself plagued with the same thing :(.

BobZag
03-12-2007, 02:25 PM
Elmore is my least favorite. Yuck and Poo.

jaszag
03-12-2007, 02:42 PM
Yeah, not a real big Elmore fan as well. We'll see if James Brown can help a bit, however. Gus Johnson and Dan Bonner (of GU-Florida "The Runnerrrrr...." fame) are tops in my book, with Lundquist and Bill "Onions" Raftery right behind.

Here's the link to all the first weekend's crews:

http://www.sportsline.com/cbssports/story/10056614

UberZagFan
03-12-2007, 02:47 PM
Len "The Bruin" Elmore? That same fan that did the game last year? The one where I thought I was listening to the home-town radio broadcast?

I need that puke emoticon right about now.

sonuvazag
03-12-2007, 02:54 PM
Not to get ahead of ourselves, but...

My only thought in response to everyone else is how much I hope Elmore has to call a game TBD on Saturday where a certain team that begins with G and ends with U beats a certain team that begins with F and ends with UCLA!

Not predicting or saying anything but

HOW GREAT WOULD THAT BE!?

BoltZag
03-12-2007, 04:11 PM
It will be interesting to hear how JB does on the pxp since this will be the first basketball game he's called in a decade.

Part of the deal that pulled him away from Fox to CBS was calling March Madness games, including the regional semi's and regional finals...Gus Johnson has been bumped from that job, so you will only get he and Dan Bonner through the first and second rounds. This is good news for the Gus Johnson-hater's and bad news for anyone who enjoys listening to him go into cardiac arrest calling close games or upsets.

Nevtelen
03-12-2007, 07:32 PM
James Brown - the hardest working man in... sportscasting.

Ditto on the Elmore. Ugh.