• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BobZag
    Dark Lord of the Zag
    • Jan 2007

Sacre's foot healing on Target

Big Rob has been meeting all the target dates for rehab. He is off crutches and now in a walking boot, and allowed to put weight on the foot. He has been doing well in rehab. The doctor has been following up regularly with exams and x-rays and there are no concerns.

The timetable for a return is fluid, the staff wants to avoid rushing him back into action prematurely, ala Josh last year.

Good stuff.
    The Kennel: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."
  • GUZagDenver
    Kennel Club Material
    • Oct 2008

This is all good news. I truly believe that some people heal quicker than others. Maybe Rob is a quicker healer than Josh, so there might not be as much lingering. I agree with not bringing him back too soon, but when he is ready, I am pumped to see him this year.

Comment

• Salsageek
      Bleeds GU Blue
      • Feb 2007

Have him drink a gallon of milk a day.
      2009 Foo Fantasy Football Champ
      2014 Foo Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Champ

Comment

• OZZag
        Kennel Club
        • Aug 2007

Speeding up process for Rob

Originally posted by Salsageek View Post
        Have him drink a gallon of milk a day.
        What about a hyperbaric chamber? I know that some pro athletes had had quicker healing utilising these, then again I wouldn't think that there is one just waiting to be used in Spokane.

Comment

• dim4sum
          Banned
          • Jun 2007

Just a thought

Sacre redshirts this year. Poling plays. Next year it is Poling that red shirts.
          It might make sense strategically, enabling an ongoing pool of bigs. Again, just a thought, since I heard that there was disappointment in Sacre's progress this summer, while, conversely, excitement over Poling's surprise progress.

Comment

• hockeyzag
            Bleeds GU Blue
            • Jul 2007

Originally posted by OZZag View Post
            What about a hyperbaric chamber? I know that some pro athletes had had quicker healing utilising these, then again I wouldn't think that there is one just waiting to be used in Spokane.

[/QUOTE]"Besides the soccer stadium, Gonzaga is upgrading its athletic training room by installing a state-of-the-art facility, which will include a few new pieces of modern technology as well as more than double the square footage. The facility, which is set to open by September 2008, is named the Diedrick-DeLong Athletic Training Facility after two of Gonzaga's most influential trainers. The athletic training room will be nearly 5,000 square feet and include two new whirlpools, a treadmill made especially for therapeutic purposes, a 2,000-watt laser and an upgraded sled for knee rehabilitation among other improvements and additions.

The first whirlpool is the Polar Plunge, which is a 9.5-by-7.5 cold water pool. The second pool is a 14-foot-long hydrotherapy pool with a built-in treadmill on the bottom. This pool has variable depths and is hooked up to a computer so trainers can chart the progress of injured student-athletes. Gonzaga is the first in its league to have this kind of technology, which is used by professional teams such as the Seattle Mariners, the Pittsburgh Steelers and the San Antonio Spurs.

The upgraded sled, which will also be added to the facility, features a squat machine in which bungee cords are used instead of weights in order to ease tension."[/QUOTE]
            Last edited by hockeyzag; 11-06-2008, 02:39 PM. Reason: answered my own question
            "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."
            -Zach Norvell Jr.

Comment

• DrDrivel
              Kennel Club Material
              • Feb 2007

Okay, a powerful laser and pools. What's the missing ingredient here?

That's right. Frickin' sharks.

I see this for what it is and we should all be very afraid.

Comment

• ZagnetitForce
                Kennel Club
                • Feb 2007

Gonna have to change your name from DrDrivel to Dr Evil!

Comment

Working...
                X