PDA

View Full Version : From today's Lunardi chat

zagsfan21
03-12-2007, 12:20 PM
Dakota (San Diego, CA)
Who's a team in your Elite 8 that we wouldn't expect to see there?

JOE LUNARDI
How about Gonzaga? Here's a team that has dramatically overachieved every time it's been a double-digit seed. Familiarity with likely opponents is also a factor in the 'Zags' favor.

I like the way he thinks.

MedZag
03-12-2007, 12:38 PM
A team that has just begun to rediscover and flex its' flex offense muscles, gel as a team, and stroke it from outside.

Yeah, I can see where Lunardi gets that vibe. Gotta play Indiana first though... don't start counting the chickens before they hatch.

gozagswoohoo
03-12-2007, 01:14 PM
Elite 8?? Oh wow, I would age 7 years if we could do that. I'd be all over all my hater friends. Bia Bia!

Rubbadub
03-12-2007, 07:41 PM
Wow, the question wasn't "who is a sleeper to make the elite 8." It was who he had going that far in his bracket...and he picked us overcoming Indiana, UCLA and Pitt? Lots of confidence from Lunardi! He seems like a bracketology realist without favorites, which is why that's kind of surprising.

brasszag
03-12-2007, 07:52 PM
Actually he projects us to beat VCU in the Sweet 16 (not Pitt), before bowing out to Kansas.

Ballsy predictions.

RebornZag
03-12-2007, 08:45 PM
Don't underestimate Gonzaga's chances of getting there!!! I mean between you and me.....Don't tell to many people about our chances though because they will actually think you are NUTS!!!:lmao:

I really enjoy listening to everyone NOW pick all the #1's to make it to the final 4. People just do not understand March Madness...there is NO logic to it.....something that's entirely different than logic seems to opperate somewhere in the spiritual realm of the arenas where all the madness takes shape....I can hardly wait for all the upsets to begin...to THEN, once again, listen to all the GURU'S stutter in their bowl of mush!!!!! They just don't get it....I think you're right about Lunardi....I think he get's it more than most.

brasszag
03-12-2007, 08:46 PM
Whatever happens I can't call it a disappointment after this year.

I do know we're a tough team to scout right at the moment for a lot of issues... so who knows if that's an edge though...

sittingon50
03-12-2007, 10:25 PM
Joe does radio (color) for St. Joe's & has been in K1 & K2 in the last few years. He knows the Zags very well. Hope he's right!

UberZagFan
03-13-2007, 09:13 AM
Lunardi was on Seattle morning radio and confirmed he has GU playing Kansas in the West final. He also has the other GU in the final four.

thickman1
03-13-2007, 10:00 AM
Getting past IU is obviously the most important thing to take care of right now but playing UCLA would be a fabulous game. If you can shut down either Collison or Afflalo you've got a real chance to win because the UCLA bigs are not scorers. They are much like Kuso in that they defend and rebound. Oh I can't wait until Thursday!

rawkmandale
03-14-2007, 11:24 PM
I also picked a GU/VCU matchup in my braket, and picked GU over Kansas to make it to the final four (losing to Wisconsin). I hope Joe (who knows a heck of a lot more than me) is right on this one. I do think GU got an excellent draw, but we'll see.