PDA

View Full Version : Few on Rome is Burning- 1:30 on ESPN

laszagas
03-12-2007, 11:07 AM
Dont have a confirmation, but thought I heard this earlier today while listening to espn radio.

anybody have more info?

sullyzag66
03-12-2007, 11:11 AM
Jim Rome announced it on his radio show this morning.

BobZag
03-12-2007, 11:11 AM
Gonzaga men’s basketball coach Mark Few will be on the “Jim Rome Is Burning” show on ESPN today (Monday) at 1:30 p.m. PDT. Coach Few will also be on College GameNight on ESPN tonight at 6:45 p.m. PDT as part of their two-hour special.

lothar98zag
03-12-2007, 11:17 AM
I wonder if ESPN 360 will have any of the Rome interview...

Maybe someone could dump the interview onto youtube after it airs...

(please!)

wazZag
03-12-2007, 01:02 PM
Nothing exciting. He talked about Heytvelt saying what we already know: He was disappointed, sad, etc. They will be back to the team after they meet a number of requirements.

It's harder to sustain success than it was to get the ball rolling at GU.

It would take something great to move him from GU. GU is a great job, we have good recruits coming in and we have made it to the tourney for 7(?) straight years which is rare.

He is more proud of this bid than any of those previous because of the way the team came together.

and he prodded Rome to come up and go fly fishing.

lothar98zag
03-12-2007, 01:11 PM
Thanks for the recap!

and he prodded Rome to come up and go fly fishing.

wouldn't be a Rome interview w/o that...

UberZagFan
03-12-2007, 01:20 PM
GU is a great job, we have good recruits coming in and we have made it to the tourney for 7(?) straight years which is rare.

Was this a paraphrase from Few's mouth? Did Few say 7? Maybe he's so focused on the future at GU that he need not bother himself with knowing how many years straight GU has made the tourney.

Thomas_Sutpen
03-12-2007, 01:24 PM
Was this a paraphrase from Few's mouth? Did Few say 7? Maybe he's so focused on the future at GU that he need not bother himself with knowing how many years straight GU has made the tourney.

He probably meant 7 years with himself as head coach (not including this year is the only way to make it work).

--

Ibellibie
03-12-2007, 01:29 PM

No, Few said 9. At least, I'm fairly positive that's what he said. He went on to mention that Gonzaga was only one of 4 or 5 schools who had been to the NCAA's 9 (or more) years in a row.

I have it recorded on my DVR upstairs...I'm just too lazy to go check again!

gozagswoohoo
03-12-2007, 01:31 PM
Thanks for the recapitary

McZag
03-12-2007, 02:04 PM
And that Spokane is a town that supports the team "unconditionally". That was the word that shut Rome up. Not many communities will give their coach the room needed to succeed. Few was adimate that he is content with Spokane's attitude toward the growth of the program.

zzzjag
03-12-2007, 02:21 PM
[QUOTE=wazZag;13811]Nothing exciting. He talked about Heytvelt saying what we already know: He was disappointed, sad, etc. They will be back to the team after they meet a number of requirements.

Is this the first time publicly a return to the Zags uniform has been mentioned for Josh/Theo?

I have only been reading board speculation they are gone, without any options to return really?

former1dog
03-12-2007, 02:28 PM
[QUOTE=wazZag;13811]Nothing exciting. He talked about Heytvelt saying what we already know: He was disappointed, sad, etc. They will be back to the team after they meet a number of requirements.

Is this the first time publicly a return to the Zags uniform has been mentioned for Josh/Theo?

I have only been reading board speculation they are gone, without any options to return really?

ZZZJag,

This is a reiteration of previous statements from Few.

I think he originally commented similarly on the Patrick ESPN radio show.

FWIW

webspinnre
03-12-2007, 02:29 PM
Nothing exciting. He talked about Heytvelt saying what we already know: He was disappointed, sad, etc. They will be back to the team after they meet a number of requirements.

In reading the spokesman story from sunday (http://www.spokesmanreview.com/zags/story.asp?ID=178650) I thought it appeared that if they continued to work and fulfill a number of requirements, that it would be possible for them to return. Again, all of this would depend on the results of the criminal trials, which could take awhile.

zzzjag
03-12-2007, 03:43 PM
For the Spokesman post! Out of touch Zag fan in San Diego.

Thanks,

thickman1
03-12-2007, 04:01 PM
[QUOTE=zzzjag;13851]

ZZZJag,

This is a reiteration of previous statements from Few.

I think he originally commented similarly on the Patrick ESPN radio show.

FWIW

He also mentioned their return - at least Josh's - during an interview on ESPN Gameday (radio)two weeks ago.

TuckC
03-13-2007, 01:07 PM
Good interview. Nothing really new.