PDA

View Full Version : What I liked about the exhibition game

young julez
11-03-2008, 07:17 PM
I was sad to hear that Heather will be out and hope her recovery is short...like by Saturday:D

It was so great to see the team play and the three freshmen post players looked real good. Kayla Standish was outstanding and if she plays like that against all the teams...well, one can only imagine. Kelly Bowen and Shannon Reader looked impessive and one can only assume that those shots will start to fall. It was nice to be able to see the walk-ons get some time on the court also.

Coach Kelly is right in saying that Heather cannot be replaced, but I do feel much better about her absence now that I have seen the incoming freshman.

Personally I hope Vivian continues to be a scoring threat and rebound more, but what a great game from her to start the season off!

Things I like the most:
Kayla gettin up there and grabbing them rebounds out of the air
Tatri pushing that ball up the court and hitting that player with the pass (5 assists)
Courtney...
Janell attacking the basket and getting to the free throw line and the ten rebounds!!

Any one else...

OZZag
11-05-2008, 05:01 PM
I was sad to hear that Heather will be out and hope her recovery is short...like by Saturday:D

It was so great to see the team play and the three freshmen post players looked real good. Kayla Standish was outstanding and if she plays like that against all the teams...well, one can only imagine. Kelly Bowen and Shannon Reader looked impessive and one can only assume that those shots will start to fall. It was nice to be able to see the walk-ons get some time on the court also.

Coach Kelly is right in saying that Heather cannot be replaced, but I do feel much better about her absence now that I have seen the incoming freshman.

Personally I hope Vivian continues to be a scoring threat and rebound more, but what a great game from her to start the season off!

Things I like the most:
Kayla gettin up there and grabbing them rebounds out of the air
Tatri pushing that ball up the court and hitting that player with the pass (5 assists)
Courtney...
Janell attacking the basket and getting to the free throw line and the ten rebounds!!

Any one else...

It is good to hear that Janelle is getting some time and taking advantage of it. I have been a little dissapointed since she joined the team as I thought she would have more of an impact than she has had till now.

Where does she sit in the depth chart, or is it to early to say...

Oldsport
11-05-2008, 10:19 PM
I spent the entire game studying the freshmen players. I took a hard discriminating look at the "Three Tall Bulldogs", Standish, Reader and Bowen. Is all this hype about them worth anything? It may be rare to see all three on the floor at the same time as soon as the season starts and Heather returns, however friends, I think that GU has the best 1,2,3,4,5 punch that I have had the pleasure to witness! Kelly can go to the bench often without changing the level of play on the floor. :)

I have only seen one exhibition game! How can I feel so confident? There is always "If's" in basketball. This years "if" is, can we keep everyone healthy? Is our new AT experienced enough to stay ahead of small problems before they become difficult ones? While Heather is out, our freshmen will get more floor time. They must turn this extra time into a maximum floor experience and excel in play at the freshman level. This is what I saw in them on Sunday. By the time they reach the conference games I believe they will be playing like an upperclassmen! :)

I embarrassed myself when the announcer started to say who the player of the game was. Totally without thinking I shouted out, "Vivian"!!! It seems that the fans on the other side of the court heard me. ha ha ! I love Vivian and she will be a leader on the floor this season, wait and see.

I have other strong observations about the game last Sunday but this a post not a book! :lmao: