PDA

View Full Version : JH is Back

gamagin
11-03-2008, 10:08 AM
I don't want to get too excited because it's just too early.

BUT, Josh is back. I think the sports media will be all over him soon. I hope he's ready for the attention because it is coming, imo. He has had the luxury of being mostly ignored last year while he tried valiantly to get back up to speed. He is back up to speed.

He had the complete game against Wayne State.

The full spring was in his feet. The shooting eye is well sighted in. The lift that all but makes his shots impossible to block has sprung. The attention span, the game sense, the relentless effort and energy to get or stay open for a pass. Attentiveness.

The foot speed and the reflexive IQ that saw him open for any kind of pass, including the breakaway layup, or simply drawing traffic and dishing. No hint of discomfort.

You name it. He showed all the signs that led him to be touted as among the best in the nation two years ago.

I could not be happier with what I saw.

So here's to continued good health. Everything else is up and running.

Oh, he also acts energized, looks excited and is even sporting a slick semi-mowhawk (as does JP) and an attitude to match.

Life is good for JH right now. He's worked for it and earned it.

The timing could not be better. And so it is with the Zags.

Go Zags !

kitzbuel
11-03-2008, 10:18 AM
I am prayin, prayin, prayin, prayin! If he plays with the potential we have seen him display in the past, oh boy, hold on to yer seats!

finechina2003
11-03-2008, 11:08 AM
I had the opportunity to watch the game in person and one of the things that I liked most about Josh's game against Wayne State is that he never drifted outside. He didn't shoot or look for a single three point shot. We need Josh to come up big inside. On the way home I heard the radio announcer interview Josh and asked him about not shooting a three point shot and staying inside. Josh stated that he needs to establish himself inside early in the season and continue to do so all year. Now that's encouraging!

krozman
11-03-2008, 11:15 AM
I want JH to be back in March too. No doubt he's on now.

MDABE80
11-03-2008, 11:19 AM
He's got maturity it seems. Long college career and it's done him well. Gamagin is quite right I think. Lift is there...needs more leg strength but it'll come.
CDC and I commented on Josh's ability to do things while he's up in the air. His layups while going full speed are spectacular for a big man. Just nearly unheard of. He'll be getting attention when TV schedule starts nationally.

It's his time. He's talented as anyone we've seen. His maturity is there now. Josh knows this is it for him.......it's all up to him as to how far he goes.
Good to see him underneath. He didn't snag many boards but there were reasons that might explain that. No matter, look for big things from Josh.

Midwestzag
11-03-2008, 11:26 AM
The full spring was in his feet. The shooting eye is well sighted in. The lift that all but makes his shots impossible to block has sprung. The attention span, the game sense, the relentless effort and energy to get or stay open for a pass. Attentiveness.

The foot speed and the reflexive IQ that saw him open for any kind of pass, including the breakaway layup, or simply drawing traffic and dishing. No hint of discomfort.

This is what I was wanting to hear from fans lucky enough to see him in person or on the tube. If Josh has his springs back he has all the other tools to be one of the top 15-20 players in the nation and he could lead GU to the promised land.

hockeyzag
11-03-2008, 12:06 PM
He's got maturity it seems. Long college career and it's done him well. Gamagin is quite right I think. Lift is there...needs more leg strength but it'll come.

I agree and hope that leg strength is the only thing keeping Josh from leaping as well as he did Sophomore year. It's still not quite there yet. But it certainly seems that through these injury problems he has learned to not rely on his athleticism as much and has taken time to really perfect his other skills. That off the backboard shot he took all game was just beautiful.

As the season goes on and his legs get stronger, gets that bounce back to what it was, I'm sure we'll see the alley oops and thundering dunks we saw sophomore year.

UberZagFan
11-03-2008, 12:18 PM
Glad to see the return of JH in a game against Bruce Wayne State Research University.

MickMick
11-03-2008, 12:32 PM
Glad to see the return of JH in a game against Bruce Wayne State Research University.

Here is the campus web page (http://www.1966batfan.com/video2.html)

SandbergOnSports
11-04-2008, 04:57 PM
Let's wait until we play a D-I opponent before we proclaim Josh to be back. It's easy to look good against a high-school JV team...