PDA

View Full Version : Just a quick note of gratitude...

94zagoldwomanasherdsmen
03-12-2007, 10:24 AM
To all of the coaches, alumni, athletic staff and universities, but more than anything the student athletes all over this country, that got in and to those that didn't. We are about to embark on what I feel is the best, hands-down athletic event in the world, full of heartbreak, thrills, overtime, excitement, rivalry and whatever else you want to add. Whether our team wins or loses, this is, in my opinion, one of the happenings that makes our country and this sport great.

I for one, am grateful - thanks to all of you, God bless, play safe and with pride, good luck to all of you and thanks again..

McZag
03-12-2007, 10:41 AM
:clap:

94zagoldwomanasherdsmen
03-13-2007, 01:40 AM
I can't believe GU nation doesn't think that this is #1 the greatest sporting event in the world, and that these kids, be they Winthrop, UCLA, Zags or whatever don't deserve our utmost affection...

PS, my mom just signed up for this board and she knows my username....aaargh
hence, you've got to give me a bit of props on this, it's not the boring-arsed world cup for crying out loud!!!! tour de france?? x games??? this is the NCAA men's basketball tournament for the love of St. Peter, all that is Holy and St. Aloysius Gonzaga! back a brother's play Zag Nation

RebornZag
03-13-2007, 05:27 AM
I totally agree with you Herdsman, accept I must admit that I won't be cheering much or wishing well to any of the teams that the Zags play. I'll congratulate them for making the tournament, but that's as far as I'll go.
Afterall, this is WAR.....:D In war you never wish your enemies well.....I also will not be happy at all if anyone beats us. I will certainly praise every team we beat, and say the nicest things about them and the refs....:lmao:

I'm so happy we get Indiana first because I've never liked Indiana. Hoosiers was a great movie, but in terms of the college IU team.....I just don't care for them (or any Mid-Western teams). I love West Coast basketball...and that's why I love playing Pac 10 teams....it's like playing your cousin. I played against my favorite cousin in high school and I loved beating his team every year that we did...I got to rub it in all year long...:D UCLA got rubbing rights last year. I sure hope we get to play them this year so we can get those rights back. Maybe this year it'll be Aaron Afflolo who'll be laying on court at the end of the game.....

wazZag
03-13-2007, 07:35 AM
bump

UberZagFan
03-13-2007, 09:35 AM
PS, my mom just signed up for this board and she knows my username....aaargh

Bummer.

lothar98zag
03-13-2007, 12:13 PM
time for a new username...

Proudzagmom
03-13-2007, 05:06 PM
It's always good to know that I am not the only fanatic ZAG mom on board. ;)

94zagoldwomanasherdsmen
03-13-2007, 05:12 PM
I've got to watch what I say around my kids, and now type.....shucks!;)

Oh yeah, and if she works up the courage to post (my mom that is) and any of you give her crap - (she's a total homer, Pollyanna to the nth degree) well I'll.....leave one star on all your posts - that'll learn ya I suppose.

TheZagPhish
03-13-2007, 06:23 PM
...and your thread. Nice one.

:D

94zagoldwomanasherdsmen
03-15-2007, 09:21 PM
To all of the coaches, alumni, athletic staff and universities, but more than anything the student athletes all over this country, that got in and to those that didn't. We are about to embark on what I feel is the best, hands-down athletic event in the world, full of heartbreak, thrills, overtime, excitement, rivalry and whatever else you want to add. Whether our team wins or loses, this is, in my opinion, one of the happenings that makes our country and this sport great.

I for one, am grateful - thanks to all of you, God bless, play safe and with pride, good luck to all of you and thanks again.

To more than anyone, I'll say the same thing to the Zags, especially S and D, and everyone they've played this year...thanks for playing us, thanks for lending us your floors, thanks for coming into the Kennel, thanks for all the WCC teams who brought their fans, sometimes just to beat us...just thanks again...

it almost broke my heart when my 7-year old son asked why RYYYvio couldn't play again for us...so especially to Derek muchas Gracias...

go Gonzaga, G O N Z A G A will be our family battle cry for many years to come.

I'm looking forward to next year, and I have my Winthrop sweatshirt in the fedex delivery tomorrow morning and tickets to the NCAA's..bring it Eagles.

TheZagPhish
03-15-2007, 11:08 PM
go Gonzaga, G O N Z A G A will be our family battle cry for many years to come.

Hail yeah!