PDA

View Full Version : Where is Heather?

Zaglaw
11-02-2008, 03:13 PM
Lady Zags show promise based on their exhibition game today against Whitman, but where is Heather Bowman? She didn't play & I didn't see her on the bench.

Oldsport
11-02-2008, 05:26 PM
Zaglaw, I was at the game and rumors were flying around more than basketballs, none of the fans seem to know. The most creditable rumor that I heard was that she had surgery this weekend for a non-basketball related problem....don't ask because I don't know what and I guess it's a private matter and we need to protect her privacy. Yes, yes, yes, we love her and we all want to know what's going on. I'll guess the university will release a statement on Monday. I also heard a rumor that the recovery time is a few weeks and NOT a few months. May God bless her and keep her near.:)

We love you Heather Bowman!:)

SandbergOnSports
11-02-2008, 06:18 PM
Just got back from the game, Graves said that she's out after having elbow surgery today.
Check it out, it's confirmed: http://media.www.gonzagabulletin.com/media/storage/paper375/news/2008/10/31/News/breaking.News.Bulldogs.Star.Bowman.Has.Elbow.Surge ry.Out.Indefinitely-3519720.shtml

Oldsport
11-02-2008, 07:25 PM
I helps to know! I will pray for her safe and speedy return.:)

Zagineer
11-02-2008, 07:54 PM
:eek: This thread just knocked the wind out of me. I can't image how Heather is feeling.

Heather, rest assured that an entire ZagNation has you in there thoughts and prayers. And will be there to welcome you back to K2. :)

(My mother was a Lewis and Clark grad. Basketball and Track. So you know you have a special place in my heart. :) )

Zaglaw
11-03-2008, 12:06 PM
Thanks for the update. Can't wait to see her back.

Oldsport
11-05-2008, 08:07 AM
Heather's surgery has me pacing the floor until we know more about her recovery. Everyone is praying for Heather and I know that she will be back the earliest moment possible.

Can any good come of this absence of Heather as a starter?:confused:

This opens the door for our talented freshmen it step in and carry the load. We saw some of this with Sunday's Exhibition game. #31, Reader, #33, Standish and #44 Bowen all saw double digit minutes and responded in a very positive way. With Bowman out these three will continue to see extra floor time and gain valuable experience.:)

Hurry back Heather! We love you, but in the meantime we've got your back.:)