PDA

View Full Version : Update on Daequon Montreal

theothegreat21
11-02-2008, 02:14 PM
Here is a recent article that updates the recruitment of Gonzaga target Daequon Montreal.

http://www.csitower.com/article.php?article_id=47

Check out TKR for a breakdown on the article, but it sure appears that there is going to be lots of competition for Montreal.

BobZag
11-02-2008, 04:24 PM
IF the staff can bring in Withey and follow that with Michel, perhaps Montreal becomes less important to get. Just musing. We'll have Sacre and Poling and Dower already.

MDABE80
11-02-2008, 06:36 PM
We'll be short of quality bigs who can rebound and score. Best bet is find a JC kid who will be instant and tough as nails. CSI seems to have that type nearly every year. Maybe even NIJC. We need help and Few will find it. We need some wins and a run in the tourney. Even before the tourney.if GU wins big games and soars in the polls, we will get a great big man or two. But I thought Andy looked amazing last night. At least we have him....but next years twam will be quite different from this years squad. No worries guys......let's get a killer season done this year........they'll be waitin in line to sign if that happens.

MississppiZag
11-03-2008, 03:30 AM
Sacre, Poling, and Dower all are good rebounders. Dower can score as well as Poling. Let's just wait til November of '09, before we count out the bigs we already have.

zag67
11-03-2008, 06:59 AM
I agree Mississppi. I think we have the bigs we need. Now that is not to say it would not be nice to have 1 or 2 more in case of inuries. But I think this year is going to be fun to watch. GAME by GAME. I do not want to look ahead, I ust want to enoy the season.

Kiddwell
11-03-2008, 07:58 AM
Kiddwell is greedy. Kiddwell wants this kid. Plus, Daequon's school is so close to the GU campus...that is, the MAC...that is, the busting-at-the-seams meeting place of a house-full of zealous Zag fans!

Montreal DUNKS! 6000 zealous Zags SCREAM!

:]

MDABE80
11-03-2008, 09:45 AM
4 bigs, 4 wings, 4 guards. Some interchangeable parts. Good balance........with some kids learning. I hope we get another big who rebounds.

MississppiZag
11-03-2008, 09:46 AM
I, too, would not mind that. But I am pretty sure that Sacre, Poling, and Dower are all good rebounders. Especially Sacre. One more wouldn't hurt though. I like the idea of getting one more big. I would prefer Guy Marc Michel.