pbriz
11-02-2008, 11:40 AM
Our starters:

26/35=74% shooting
6/8 from three=75%
6 steals
13 assists
2 turnovers

Wow. That is impressive, even in an exhibition game.

MickMick
11-02-2008, 03:31 PM
I have been pounding my fist on the same issues for more than a year:

That would be turnovers (compounded by lazy ball handling).

Not shooting, not defense, not rebounding, not the weight room, not toughness

Ball handling and turnovers.

Someone agrees about the turnovers (http://www.spokesmanreview.com/blogs/sportslink/archive/?postID=8616#more)

From the link:

“Coach Few harps on (turnovers) day after day at practice,” Brown said. “What he wants us to do is control the ball, push it up in a manner where if we can get an easy bucket we do it, but if not, just pull it out.”

If I can take delight in one stat from that exhibition game, it would be the same one that coach Few is happy about.

Vizagra
11-03-2008, 09:47 AM
I was very impressed with Josh. Yeah he didn't have the rebounds that we want, but it is a tough game to really judge due to the lack of compteition and shots that went up. I think he will do fine on the boards.

One thing that impressed me, especially in the 2nd half, was after EVERY shot from WS, he Sprinted down the court and received two over the shoulder passes for layups. I watched this intently to see what the WS big did after shots, and noticed that he would often start sprinting back, before the ball was in the hands of the rebounder, just so he wouldn't get burned again.

I love to see the "lungs" back in Josh and think that it will pay dividends in tiring out the other teams big by trying to keep up with him.

Looking forward to this year!

GO ZAGS!