PDA

View Full Version : 3 Point Line must be moved back ASAP!

HillBillyZag
03-12-2007, 10:10 AM
I was in favor of the three point field goal when it was first suggested and it has added a great element to the game. However, IMHO, the skill and range of todays athletes have caught up with and surpassed the present line and it is time to move it to the NBA range. I hope this is done over the off-season.

spotucky
03-12-2007, 10:14 AM
I've been saying this for a while now. When College players have the same 3-point line as a 7th grader someething needs to change. NBA line would work or half wway in between.

CDC84
03-12-2007, 10:18 AM
I think it should be moved to the international distance.

sonuvazag
03-12-2007, 11:24 AM
and the NBA line could be moved in... I don't think the college or the pro 3-lines are at the correct distance. Only the international game has it right.

D Hark 2003
03-12-2007, 11:27 AM
I disagree with moving the NBA line, i think the guys in the nba are doing just fine with the line where it is, i think they should make the hoop 11 feet high though... and i think the college line should be where the international one is... There should also be shot clocks implemented in boys high school basketball, why is there a shot clock in girls but not guys? If there was a shot clock in high schools the players would be that much more prepared for the speed and intensity of the college and pro game...

former1dog
03-12-2007, 11:30 AM
Since we're bringing out the laundry list of rules changes, I would like to see the end of alternating possessions on held balls. BRING BACK THE JUMP BALL!

gu03alum
03-12-2007, 11:32 AM
I would like the line moved out to provide more spacing in college basketball. The NBA seems way more spread out and wide open then college, and I think it has to do with three point line.

D Hark 2003
03-12-2007, 11:45 AM
They also have the defensive three seconds in the key rule in the NBA, a player cant be in the key on defense for more than three seconds unless their man is in the key... this rule also spreads the court out because then shaq cant just stand in the middle of the key and play zone like centers can do in college.

surfmonkey89
03-12-2007, 11:54 AM
Funny how everyone wants to move the 3pt line back because it's somehow perceived as unfair, yet the hoop remains 10ft high. Why all the concern regarding the guards but none regarding the big men?

I say leave it as it is.

Zag79
03-12-2007, 12:04 PM
i agree surfmonkey. it always dumbfounds me why someone would want to make it harder to skillfully shoot a ball that far, in comparison to raising the hoop so a guy born 6'9 can just drop it in. reward the tall guys for doing less, and punish the shorter players that can actually get range and shoot the ball. i must not understand what hoops is about.

23dpg
03-12-2007, 12:05 PM
The 3 point line should be the international distance.

Signed,

Boys HS should have a shot clock.

Signed

sonuvazag
03-12-2007, 12:20 PM
i agree surfmonkey. it always dumbfounds me why someone would want to make it harder to skillfully shoot a ball that far, in comparison to raising the hoop so a guy born 6'9 can just drop it in. reward the tall guys for doing less, and punish the shorter players that can actually get range and shoot the ball. i must not understand what hoops is about.

Moving the line out, though, makes shooters a more valuable commodity. Also frees up more room for smaller quicker players to manuver.

I'd like a quicker more fluid game with more shooting... like the international game.

Zag79
03-12-2007, 12:23 PM
i get the reasoning behind it, but cant get over the concern of making guys shoot farther back when i watch big guys with no skill all over the place.

gonzagulous
03-12-2007, 12:31 PM
1) Move the 3 pt line to international length
2) Bring back the jump ball
3) No charge/block zone underneath the hoop, like the NBA
4) No calling timeouts while jumping out of bounds with the ball..... Hey they've done one thing right at least! :clap:

IrishBulldog
03-12-2007, 12:31 PM
moving the 3 point line out would benefit the little guy. There are a palpable number of big guys and swingmen who can step out and shoot the 3 at its current depth, but who would be unable to do so at, for example, the international distance. Thus, moving the line back makes long-range shooting a more valuable commodity, thereby making the smaller players (who can presumably shoot from long-range more consistently) more valuable.

I agree that the NBA line is too far. The international distance seems about right.

sonuvazag
03-12-2007, 12:32 PM
I get you Zag79, but we make it more difficult for the bigs who want to pretend they're jumpshooters. Weed out the less talented shooters. More value given to the real talents.

After all, who likes semi-talented 6'10 guys practicing threes all day because the line is so close? ... Heytvelt excepted, we get these guys off the perimeter with a deeper line.

wazZag
03-12-2007, 12:34 PM
12-18 inches I think would be best IMHO. I think the line right now is annoying and too many big guys are shooting threes.