PDA

View Full Version : Few auditions in Arizona

Zerogame
10-29-2008, 06:06 PM
Twenty reasons to take hard look at hardwood before BCS according to Gary Parrish.

Dec. 14: Gonzaga vs. Arizona (in Phoenix)

Might this be an audition for Mark Few, who should be among the leading candidates to be Lute Olson's permanent successor? Who knows? But I'm betting it's billed that way in the Arizona newspapers.

http://www.sportsline.com/collegebasketball/story/11070146

AFZag
10-29-2008, 07:33 PM
First, from the sounds of all the footsteps of players leaving Arizona this will be a very onesided matchup and probably not fun to watch...unless you're a zags fan. Second, I'm happy Mark Few is so talented and coaching at gonzaga that his name comes up for high profile programs.

ZagAddict
10-29-2008, 07:35 PM
Might this be an audition for Mark Few, who should be among the leading candidates to be Lute Olson's permanent successor? Who knows? But I'm betting it's billed that way in the Arizona newspapers.

Exactly... which is why you defuse the situation by removing your name from the mix unless you are seriously considering taking the position if it is offered. Keep the focus on the team...

I have a bad feeling about this whole situation for the course of the year unless something is done to stop the speculation.

Pleasant Peninsula
10-29-2008, 10:21 PM
I have a bad feeling about this whole situation for the course of the year unless something is done to stop the speculation.

I don't. This sort of stuff happens all the time. Bill Self was rumored to be going to Oklahoma State for massive amounts of cash last year...it didn't exactly get into the heads of his players...

alaskazagnut
10-30-2008, 01:32 AM
They may mention it about 10 times but I tire of the implications that Few is entertaining the thought of leaving. Money always entertains thought. But winning a championship can occur at GU just as likely as Arizona in the next 5 years. Few knows this and ain't going anywhere soon.

JosephZags
10-30-2008, 04:43 AM
Actually, it is probably more likely at Gonzaga than Arizona due to the fire sale of rercruits going on there. They have now lost 6 recruits in two years. I'm not sure that Few would walk into such a great situation down there due to that.

VaBeachZAG
10-30-2008, 04:55 AM
Sure, the Arizona picture looks dour at the moment, but,
marry up Few with Arizona and the Wildcats will become a final four fixture in short order. We all love the Zags, but the thought that the Zags could compete year in and year out with a Few led Zona is a bit of a streach in my mind.

Personally, the biggest near term negative of the Zona coaching search is that other programs will use it against us in the recruiting wars (e.g., don't go to Gonzaga because Few is going to Arizona). Sure hope Few stays, but..........

cjm720
10-30-2008, 06:24 AM
Every year and the same old story. Bottom line, Few's not going anywhere unless he thinks he's in a better position to win. Gonzaga gives him the best option over but a handful of programs nationwide.

GO ZAGS!!