PDA

View Full Version : Just a Hunch, but I think we are going to leave a schollie open for 2010-11

pbriz
10-27-2008, 09:15 PM
Since the board has been kind of slow, I have been thinking about recruiting and am starting to piece together my own theory.

Harris-Tunks just committed to Colorado.

We are set at the guard spot unless a blue chip decides (Abdul Gaddy), but this is very unlikely.

We have two bigs over in Idaho, and I think we get one of them.

Yet we have 5 scholarships open for 2009-10.... which means if we get one JUCO from Idaho than we still have two scholarships left. (if Austin doesn't leave early)

I will go ahead and say we sign someone who no one really has expected (either international or VERY under the radar)

Yet I think Few sees an opportunity knowing that we only have two scholarship players leaving and may have something big brewing for 2010-11. Kingma may be the start.

BZ hinted that two would sign in November and I think that will be a JUCO (Montreal) and Kingma. Just my opinions, feel free to shred them to pieces or add some insight if you please.

BobZag
10-28-2008, 09:19 AM
Guy-Marc Michel will be a Zag come 2010. (raw but monstrous upside)
Brett Kingma, I'm hoping, will be a Zag come 2011. (love this guy's game)

The two that will commit and sign NLI's in November will be 2009 guys. But Montreal won't decide anything till next spring, hopefully to Gonzaga but it's no guarantee.

Logic tells me Few has a Big and a Wing (who can shoot) in store for us in November.

The staff is keeping an open scholie for Bol Kong. The feeling is, Bol will have his visa approved...but nobody knows exactly when. Some think around Christmas.

bullzag23
10-28-2008, 10:00 AM
The staff is keeping an open scholie for Bol Kong. The feeling is, Bol will have his visa approved...but nobody knows exactly when. Some think around Christmas.

BZ this is great news! I've been searching high and low for updates on his visa status, with nothing to show for it. Let's hope the staff is right and we can get Kong into the country to play for GU next year.

PS- If he does get his visa approved, and didn't do so by the start of the schoolyear, would he have to sit out a semester next year to be eligible to play?

Angelo Roncalli
10-28-2008, 10:04 AM
I will go ahead and say we sign someone who no one really has expected (either international or VERY under the radar)

Book it.

thespywhozaggedme
10-28-2008, 10:31 AM
Guy-Marc Michel will be a Zag come 2010. (raw but monstrous upside)
Brett Kingma, I'm hoping, will be a Zag come 2011. (love this guy's game)

The two that will commit and sign NLI's in November will be 2009 guys. But Montreal won't decide anything till next spring, hopefully to Gonzaga but it's no guarantee.

Logic tells me Few has a Big and a Wing (who can shoot) in store for us in November.

You sure weren't too high on him month ago; your post from 9/27:

There's a good reason why Guy-Marc is at a Juco and not a pro in Europe at age 20. After some perusing, it looks like Mamery Diallo II. These NIC guys could merely be on campus to try to prompt Davies into comitting.

theothegreat21
10-28-2008, 12:23 PM
Michel is very good. The staff worked hard to get him to come to NIC instead of signing a pro contract in Europe. There was lots of interest from top French teams, but Michel elected to come to NIC. He will be great in a couple of years

BobZag
10-28-2008, 02:03 PM
You sure weren't too high on him month ago; your post from 9/27:

There's a good reason why Guy-Marc is at a Juco and not a pro in Europe at age 20. After some perusing, it looks like Mamery Diallo II. These NIC guys could merely be on campus to try to prompt Davies into comitting.

I'll continue to "be from Missouri" on this one (Show me). I do plan to attend a NIC game or two so I can see him firsthand. I'll report my opinions and I won't sugarcoat it. :)

MississppiZag
10-28-2008, 03:51 PM
Bob, do you think Michel or Kingma is likely to give a verbal before the end of the yr? Both are beyond 2009, but is it likely?

BobZag
10-28-2008, 05:44 PM
Bob, do you think Michel or Kingma is likely to give a verbal before the end of the yr? Both are beyond 2009, but is it likely?

Very, very possible. It would not surprise me in the least if both commit this year.