PDA

View Full Version : Nice words from Gary Parrish

FuManShoes
03-12-2007, 01:07 AM
Sportsline's analyst thinks Indiana has too much size for GU, but he says some very nice things about what it took for the Zags to even make the tournament and how Few could have "canceled out his principles" by reinstating Josh to secure a bid but chose the high road instead.

http://www.sportsline.com/video/player/collegebasketball?id=133845s

CDC84
03-12-2007, 08:20 AM
Sportsline's analyst thinks Indiana has too much size for GU

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaab/teams/iai/roster

I don't know what IU roster Parrish is looking at. Santa Clara has much more size than Indiana. The Hoosiers only have one player that's 6-9+, and that's Ben Allen, who averages less than 10 minutes per game. Next is DJ White at
6-9, then Lance Stemler at 6-8.

The difference with IU is that White is better than any of the Bronco bigs. More skilled, more athletic. But this notion that IU has a size advantage is totally inaccurate. In fact, if you factor in David Burgess and Will Foster, GU actually has more size across the whole roster than the Hoosiers do.

former1dog
03-12-2007, 08:24 AM
RE More Size:

I'll echo what CDC said. While I appreciate Parrish's kind words, he needs to review the rosters a little closer and recent results.

I like our chances even against athletic bigs. Memphis also had athletic bigs. We did ok against them.

FuManShoes
03-12-2007, 10:22 AM
Maybe what Parrish meant is that the IU guards' proficiency in shooting the three will make it tough for the Zags to collapse in the paint to stop DJ White, and thus he's a big who could have a big game. I'm more worried about the threes. IU made 16 of them in last year's game and appear to have just as good, if not better shooters this year. They don't have Killingsworth, but we don't have Batista. While Mallon had a great game last year and may feel confident heading into this one, he hasn't been much of a threat all year, so I think the scoring burden is going to fall on our guards. Zags will have to shoot well, drive well and Kuso needs to stay outta fould trouble.