PDA

View Full Version : Adios, Billy Packer.

HillBillyZag
10-23-2008, 07:30 PM
Has been replaced on the CBS play by play team by Clark Kellogg. I have followed "special K" since his days at Cleveland St. Josephs High School, Ohio State and the Pacers. He was a great player at all levels and if chronic knee problems had not forced his retirement would have been a star. Clark knows his hoops and is not biased as Packer always was. Clark, his wife Rosie and their three kids still reside in the Columbus area. A class guy across the board.

CDC84
10-24-2008, 08:11 AM
CBS probably made the right choice. I can think of some people like Billy Raff who are better color analysts than Kellogg, but they needed a young face who is going to be around awhile and who understands college basketball at a national level. A guy like Billy Raff is amazing, but he's a true game analyst. He almost never comments about things taking place at a national level. He sticks to the game at hand. I would imagine that CBS wanted more out of their lead analyst.

gu03alum
10-24-2008, 11:00 AM
Hooray!!!

CDC84
10-24-2008, 11:50 AM
http://www.sportingnews.com/blog/firstcuts/entry/view/13875/greg_anthony_joins_cbs_college_hoops_team

Anthony will replace Kellogg in the studio.