PDA

View Full Version : Now Is The Time

75Zag
10-22-2008, 05:28 PM
Best to the GU Nation.

Seven months of debating and speculating are finally over. From this day forward it does not matter who is being recruited, who signed with the bad guys, who is sick, who is injured, who is tall, who is thin, who is fat, or whatever. It does not matter if you are a choir boy or Satan. The ONLY thing that matter from now until April is which team wins and which team loses. I honestly believe the Bulldogs could run the table up to the NCAAs and maybe go deep into the tournament.

I do have my nail gun ready, and the first person who says that "GU played well but lost" will be in my sights. No surrender, no compromise, no BS.

Go Bulldogs.

MickMick
10-22-2008, 06:32 PM
I hope "homerism" (not referring to 75zag specifically) doesn't rise to a level that the expectations are too high. This team does have some weaknesses. I mean that relatively speaking.

We are talking about elite basketball now. The best of the best. Not the typical opponent. I refer to weaknesses in that context. Elite defensive pressure may give this team fits.

How this team reacts to the defensive intensity of Tennessee and Washington State will go a long ways towards determining what I will expect from them in March. I am not completely confident that they can deal with elite defensive pressure. Wait and see.

I am confident that the team will win 25+ games and reach the NCAA tournament though. It is what they do when they get there that will or will not set this team apart from earlier Zag squads.

bzzz61
10-22-2008, 07:03 PM
I'm ready to be done talking about the season and start experiencing the season. I know that there are always important things going on but I'm ready to stop worrying about recruiting and start looking at boxscores. Let's go. Game on.

SteeleMan
10-22-2008, 07:46 PM
Football season can't end soon enough.

I haven't posted here in a while, but have been lurking and trying to stay up-to-date on recruiting, player news, etc. This is bar none, the best place to get that information and some of my friends tease me about "What do you do to be able to be on those chat boards all day." ;)

I wasn't able to make it to K2 last Friday but heard some first hand accounts and read some things here. Pure talent, is what one friend told me. They will be very good.

As many of you know I am a big Zag fan. Have been since the days of skipping out of work to watch Ritchie, Matt, Casey, etc. make their special runs. I was able to get tickets handed to me to watch in the old Kennel. Now I have to beg and plead.

As some of you know I am a Coug and these past few years have been great (being a Coug AND a college basketball fan). With that, there's only one game a year I don't root hard for your Zags.

I read earlier CDC's take on this year's outlook. And, as usual, it was a great read. I, too, think that Daye may indeed hold the key. I wonder, though, how tough he will be, mentally and physically. We have seen signs that he could take over a game offensively, a la Morrison, but have seen little to verify that he's a team player who hussles on both ends of the court. We should know early what to expect.

The Zags are loaded and warranted of their preseason accolades. I believe Sacre's injury is bigger than most suspect. Heytvelt will have to stay down low, which we all know he is more comfortable when he can be an inside/outside type of player. Can Ira help out down low?

Pargo should be masterful at the point. If his outside shot is falling then he can cause fits for defenses trying to guard him as he can dribble drive to the hoop against anyone.

Micah, as a utilility type player is intriguing. I believe Few will give him every opportunity to be a star this season.

Grey is the smoothest, most accurate player I think we have seen at GU. He's just money and if the Zags need a bucket late in the game and they work a shot for him, my money's on him making it.

I have always enjoyed watching Matt play. He's a streaky shooter who can light up the scoreboard. But we would rather see him score 12 each game than be hot/cold.

I didn't touch much on defense. I think this is an area that needs vast improvement for the Zags to succeed to the level we all hope for. We have the athletes to score many points (think 80-85 avg.) but it would be reassuring to see them get tough on D and have the ability to shut an opponent down when they want/have to.

Again, just wanted to stop by and say hi, thanks for all the updates and I CAN'T WAIT for college basketball. :)

a4zag
10-22-2008, 11:11 PM
The first ticket distribution for students is this Sunday. That to me signifies that it is all very real and it is time to "Plaaaaaaay Some BASKETBALL!"