PDA

View Full Version : Morrison has good night!

Zerogame
10-20-2008, 08:35 PM
http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=281020021

Pretty nice stats.

MickMick
10-21-2008, 04:54 AM
Am I the only one that doesn't think highly of DJ Augustine? I always thought that Abrams was the better guard at Texas. Look at the stat line of the game. Does anyone recall the pre-draft workout numbers? (ie..quantitative measurements like vertical leap or bench press reps) Augustine was clearly the worst performer in the combine.

And the Bobcats played him for 44 minutes. Man are they going to be bad. Further, Texas gets addition by subtraction. They will be better without Augustine. He puts up way to many bad shots. Of course that will occasionally give him some passing lanes. Everyone is expecting him to shoot.

willandi
10-21-2008, 05:49 AM
I was surprised that , with 2.9sec left in the second OT, and down by three, that they didn't put him in. He was cold, but had hit 2/2 treys earlier in the game. No PT in the OT, and I agree with MickMick that D.J. took far too many poor shots.
Will

Zerogame
10-21-2008, 06:34 AM
Adam Morrison looked more comfortable than during his previous appearances this preseason. He was moving better offensively, both with and without the ball. He’s just not natural when he functions exclusively as a spot-up shooter.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/story/267560.html

kitzbuel
10-21-2008, 07:26 AM
He was always at his best when he had to create his shot.

CDC84
10-21-2008, 07:59 AM
I happen to think that Augustin is a good point guard who managed games in crunch time as good as any PG I've seen at the college level in years. He's a coach's dream when it comes to draining the shot clock, getting in the lane and creating opportunities for himself or others. If he gets fouled, he's a great free throw shooter. He's also superb with the pick and roll.

The problem with DJ is that he's 5-11, and he's not what I would call a great PG when it comes to defending the point of attack. I don't know how he's going to do in the NBA. I know a lot of scouts were concerned about his size.

MickMick
10-21-2008, 09:07 AM
I happen to think that Augustin is a good point guard who managed games in crunch time as good as any PG I've seen at the college level in years. He's a coach's dream when it comes to draining the shot clock, getting in the lane and creating opportunities for himself or others. If he gets fouled, he's a great free throw shooter. He's also superb with the pick and roll.

The problem with DJ is that he's 5-11, and he's not what I would call a great PG when it comes to defending the point of attack. I don't know how he's going to do in the NBA. I know a lot of scouts were concerned about his size.

Watch that Big-12 Championship game from last year again. Texas played Kansas even at every position but point guard. It was that game where I began to believe that Augustine was a liability for Texas.

CDC84
10-21-2008, 10:31 AM
Well, Augustin did have 20 points and 9 assists in that Big 12 championship loss. I didn't see much of that game, but I did see the Kansas at Texas game during the regular season, and Augustin single handedly won that game in the last 5 minutes with his brilliant decision making and clock management. Perhaps KU made adjustments....after all, they were the best defensive team in the nation. One of the reasons they may have chosen not to guard him as closely out on the perimeter the 2nd time around was to clog up the middle and cut off his dribble penetration. Chalmers, Robinson...no one could guard him one on one in that game at Texas. He would burn 30 seconds off the shot clock, then go into the lane and get fouled, sink a 7 foot jumper, or kick it out to Abrams for an open 3 ball.

DJ was awful in the Memphis game, and I think a lot of that had to do with Memphis' tall guards putting the clamps on him. He's going to see a lot of defenders of this nature in the NBA.

Rubbadub
10-21-2008, 10:47 AM
Am I the only one that doesn't think highly of DJ Augustine?

In a word, yes.

cjm720
10-21-2008, 12:08 PM
Great college player....lottery pick, not so sure about that. Time will tell.

SoCalZag
10-21-2008, 06:57 PM
Getting a little irritated right now - Ammo has had at least 8 open looks in the past 5 min, and the passes end up going to someone who is either double covered or has bad position. Really almost feels like there's 'favorites' on that team. Granted Augustin is a decent guard - but either the vision isn't there, or he's straight up ignoring the open man.

Adam has been 1/3 since I've been watching, but had a nice steal and is playing good D on Odom/Walton. Here's to hoping he gets traded to a team where Adam can be Adam.

ZagNut08
10-21-2008, 07:21 PM
If anyone wants to watch half #2 online
http://www.justin.tv/rudyslv

Also, Lakers & Bobcats are on TNT this Thursday night at 7 to kick off the regular season

LongIslandZagFan
10-21-2008, 08:05 PM
Adam doesn't seem himself at times. He is passing up open midrange shots for passes. His stroke is smooth tonight though.

zzzjag
10-22-2008, 07:43 AM
Adam looked confident, he also appeared to be their best option in the half court offense in the second half.

This Bobcats team doesn't have a go to post player and often times they were just beating the shot clock to get something up.

Their offense flowed much better when Ammo was in. He made a couple great mid range shots. He also made a nice floater in the 2nd quarter after the Bobcats ran a double screen down low and he curled up around into the key as opposed to drifting out to the 3pt line. He also made a pretty nice steal overplaying Kobe on the perimeter.

I can't figure this team out and they are pretty frustrating to watch at times.

The one thing I heard over and over in the crowd prior to the game starting was how long his hair was.

realtydog
10-22-2008, 09:19 AM
good ball player--not a great face for the program--period---you can try to spin this anyway you like--he does not have the personality to be a good promoter and public personality---so I/we should not expect it---I do wish him success because I think it would always help our name---but not the face of GU basketball I want to see--I don't fault him--it's the DNA

ZagNative
10-22-2008, 09:27 AM
My concern is not about how Adam's appearance reflects on the Zags, but I do think the rebel image is worn out, and I am looking forward to the day when Adam moves on from the "in-your-face" image and reflects more joy in his game.

I've always been one to push back against criticism of Adam's appearance, but, but I'll be relieved on the day when he begins to just play the game the way he is capable of playing instead of drawing attention to his appearance.

KSTATEZAG
10-22-2008, 11:30 AM
good ball player--not a great face for the program--period---you can try to spin this anyway you like--he does not have the personality to be a good promoter and public personality---so I/we should not expect it---I do wish him success because I think it would always help our name---but not the face of GU basketball I want to see--I don't fault him--it's the DNA

"it's the DNA" ?

So SaraMo is screwed too?
Watch the insults.

realtydog
10-22-2008, 01:31 PM
in the words of Yogi Berra--he is who he is--period---don't think he'll change---and don't try to change him---not the personality of so many other zag greats---that's all---I don't know if he even cares---some people do well in a "famous" role and some don't---that all--when I said I couldnt care less about his success--I mean it---some people you like to cheer for and some you don't---personal opinion that's all

former1dog
10-22-2008, 01:46 PM
Realty,

I'm curious about your Adam Morrison insight of which you've based your publicly stated opinion. What exactly is that insight?

cjm720
10-22-2008, 02:36 PM
Ammo is a good ambassador to GU and more importantly cause for hope for many with diabetes. He embraces that and has helped a good number of kids (one that I happen to know). Ammo Cares.

former1dog
10-22-2008, 02:59 PM
Ammo is a good ambassador to GU and more importantly cause for hope for many with diabetes. He embraces that and has helped a good number of kids (one that I happen to know). Ammo Cares.

Ya see, this is the kind of anecdotal evidence that I hear about Adam all the time.

In terms of character, lets consider the work ethic required out of a guy who isn't particularly physically gifted athletically, other than his height of course vs. what he has accomplished in a sport where the top players are literally freaks of athletic nature. Most of the folks Adam competes again literally won the genetic lottery (It's easier to be struck by lightning that to be an NBA player, think about it.)

I'll admit it, I don't like his haircut or how he keeps his facial hair. But so what, thats not really the measure of a man, is it?

realtydog
10-22-2008, 03:17 PM
former 1dog--I will not dive into personal stories--it is not allowed here--just my opinion ---as stated before--there are some you like to cheer for and some you don't---that's itI follow DD and RT---Richie is a perfect example of someone you love to cheer for and wish the best for---being a season ticket holder before the run in 1999--I have seen a fair share of the good and not so good atitudes int he program---I have been lucky enough to be at several functions with players from the team participating---saw some great things in people and saw some poor actions--personal opinion --that's all---I am done with the subject

schwagzag
10-23-2008, 04:56 PM
So says this guy:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AhOSvYb3qGSYG8qGASStAXu8vLYF?slug=aw-boardofgovernors102308&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

I didn't see this posted anywhere, but sorry if it's a repost.

zagfan24
10-24-2008, 05:07 AM
Adam had a really nice night against the Lakers last night, 4/8 with 2 3's for 13 points in only 18 minutes -- but by far the most important stat was his 5 rebounds....this will be the true measure of whether or not he is considered a legitimate NBA starter. Everybody knows he can score, and that this will improve as his confidence improves. If he's one dimensional though, he won't see much playing time, in my opinion. At 6'8", teams won't settle for the 2-3 rebound average he pulled down two years ago.

zagsfanforlife
10-24-2008, 09:00 AM
It is pretty disheartening to read your posts because you are making Adam out to be an unfriendly guy and a bad representative of Gonzaga Basketball. From the 4 or 5 times I have talked to Adam he seems to be one of the more friendly Zags players I have met over the 10 years that I have been following Zags hoops. When Gonzaga comes to Loyola Marymount each year (my backyard) my family stays after and gets autographs, takes pictures with the players and sometimes tries to talk to the players if they are willing. And every year that Morrison was playing for Gonzaga he would stop after the game, take pictures with my sisters and I, and even talk for a couple minutes with my parents who were wearing all Loyola Marymount clothes. Keep in mind that one of these years he was the National Player of the Year doing this.

There was no reason for Morrison at all to stop and take pictures with my family and I, sign autographs, and certainly no reason to talk to my dad who was wearing Loyola Marymount clothes. And the thing was, it was just not my family who Morrison was giving this treatment to. It was everybody, every year. Many athletes who had the spotlight around him that particular year would have blown my family and I completely off and would not give us the time of day. Trust me, I have experienced many athletes like that.

This is not even mentioning all the positive stuff he does for diabetes patients. So instead of making Adam out to be this horrible guy who does not represent GU hoops well, take into consideration stories like mine, where Adam has gone above and beyond in being a positive role model to kids and adults as well. Because for every story like mine, im sure there are a hundred other stories that paint Morrison as being a much better guy than you give him credit for.

HillBillyZag
10-24-2008, 01:17 PM
Adam was a great shooter and a fiery leader during his College career at GU. Compared to say, Stepp, Casey, or Ronny he was never popular with the student body and his #####ly manner irritated lots of folks. I feel badly that he had such a serious knee injury and wish him the best in his career and his life, but the truth is Charlotte was a terrible place for him to end up and with his setbacks due to injury, attitude and plain bad luck, he will never be more long term than just a role player in the NBA, if that.

sonuvazag
10-24-2008, 02:53 PM
I can see the room for doubt, but the truth also includes the fact that Adam has blown away all conventional thinking that has predicted his limits so far. He is pretty audacious and that might create room for hope. Also, hearing all the evidence presented in this thread has persuaded me to think that he, though misunderstood, is a decent guy who appreciates his fans.

Case closed.
j/k

ZagNut08
10-24-2008, 03:29 PM
Adam was a great shooter and a fiery leader during his College career at GU. Compared to say, Stepp, Casey, or Ronny he was never popular with the student body and his #####ly manner irritated lots of folks. I feel badly that he had such a serious knee injury and wish him the best in his career and his life, but the truth is Charlotte was a terrible place for him to end up and with his setbacks due to injury, attitude and plain bad luck, he will never be more long term than just a role player in the NBA, if that.

I don't know...I was a student while he was here, and never met a student who didn't love morrison

kyle dixon
10-24-2008, 03:41 PM
This Zag fan loves Adam Morrison. I just remember around Thanksgiving weekend during his junior year, cutting out of work early to go to Stadium Pizza to watch the game vs. maryland. I had a couple of beers to get warmed up and then I looked at the starting line-ups. My buddy and I started cracking up when we saw Morrison with the stache.

Low and behold the man became the MVP of the Maui Invitational, ran game for game with JJ Redick for the nations scoring honors, and even captivated the nation with Dick Vitale, Digger Phelps, and Jay Bilas wearing mustaches and crazy hair during the ESPN College Game day at the MAC.

I cheer for Adam every time out and always check his box scores each day. I wish him and the Bobcat organization the very best this season. So yes. When asked "Do you fear the stache?" I must give a resounding yes!!:)

HillBillyZag
10-24-2008, 06:09 PM
There is a heap of difference. No doubt they loved his basketball game, but as a fellow student and friend he was not Mr. Congeniality. And I have heard that from several students. and some faculty. The fact remains his NBA career (through no fault of his own) will be as a role player (shooter) and it may be very brief. (Although I hope its long and productive.)

hondo46
10-24-2008, 06:46 PM
Adam is an intense competitor, very few if any of which are Mr. Nice Guy when you really get down to it. If you want to be around a nice, nice, nice guy I would recommend a Labrador Retriever. I love both for different reasons.

HillBillyZag
10-25-2008, 10:10 AM
Ronny, Casey, Dan, Blake, Pendo, JP, all fierce competitors on the court and still had time to take part of the Campus activity and mingle with the student body. These guys were all FIERCE competiors on the court and still had friendly outgoing personnas. but now that I think about it, all of these guys stayed around to graduate, so perhaps their sole purpose in the GU hoops program and on campus was more than simply using the experience to advance to the professional level. Now I'm not saying that a lot of schools don't use and abuse student-athletes in a very disgusting manner, but to my knowledge GU does not operate in that fashion, at least as a matter of policy. I'll give you an example, when daughter Sarah worked at Hastings & attended school, Ronny used to come in and purchase CD's and pick up rental movies. He knew just about every kid at that store by their first name, took the time to chat and the kids loved him. I used to see JP at Mass, and he always has a smile and a word for everyone. I would see Casey downtown at hoopfest or some other activity and he always had a moment to chat basketball. No doubt, Adam was arguably the best scorer in GU history, and I give him all the credit in the world for that and wish him nothing but the best in hoops & life, but I have say he probably did not take the time to enjoy and take in the GU experience.

zagfan24
10-25-2008, 10:29 AM
Just to add my two cents - I had heard a lot of bad things about Adam before being assigned to a group project with him. He was extremely friendly, and specifically told us that he wanted to make sure he did his part -- and he did just that.

I don't think it's a mystery that Adam doesn't lose a whole lot of sleep over what other people think of him. His appearance and attitude are sometimes probably reflective of that. For what anecdotal evidence is worth, good or bad, my experience with him was really positive.

gamagin
10-25-2008, 11:36 AM
was the best Adam Morrison I could imagine. He was himself and he did it his way, with panache and guts and daring. And more often than not, he carried the team on his shoulders, and won. He's a winner.

And his pro career, barring a physical setback, is just getting started. He's right where he wants to be, with the spotlight on him. And he'll shine. It's his nature.

Psychozag
10-25-2008, 12:13 PM
The strange thing about that argument is that it doesn't allow Adam to have his own personality. Rony was an extrovert. The one time I had contact with Adam in public was at a poker table. He came and sat down and played cards. One or two of the guys at the table told him how much they liked watching him play and that they looked forward to following his game in the NBA (this was the day after he announced his decision to declare for the draft). Adam thanked them and said that he appreciated it. Other than that he played cards for about an hour without saying much else, not making jokes, talking about hands, telling stories, or any of the other talk that goes on around a table. But he was not a jerk. When he lost,which was often(Adam plays cards with the same mindset as he plays basketball, but a queen 5 is just a bad hand and you can't do much about it), he congratulated the other guy on the win. Now, is Adam a jerk for not be more gregarious like Rony? I am also a quiet guy and I don't think anybody left the table thinking "Man that guy in the Gonzaga hat is sure an ass, he didn't say a word". I think Adam should be allowed to be himself and to have his privacy. Adam's responsibility, in my opinion, was to go to class and play basketball. From what I saw and heard, he did both well. If we compare all of our players to Rony's communication style and outgoing nature, they will all pale in comparison.
By the way, if you are going to accuse Adam of poor public relations, you need to include John Stockton. I watched him refuse an autograph to a friend of mine when he was in Jack and Dan's.

ZagNut08
10-25-2008, 04:15 PM
HBZ, I hope you are not saying Adam used the gonzaga program.

He brought national media attention to the program that we likely would not have without him. The media loved him, and I am sure him being here did not hurt our chances of getting our first Game-Day on campus.

All those other guys you mentioned likely stayed around to graduated because they were not being projected in the top 5 of the NBA draft. Dan was the only other to be drafted in the first round (barely)

Adam was a great student athlete and I feel his represents Gonzaga, Spokane, and Diabetes patients well.

HillBillyZag
10-25-2008, 04:56 PM
In my posts on this thread nor in any other have I stated that Morrison used Gonzaga. I have stated at least three times now that I thought he was arguably the best offensive player in the history of the program. Whats does amaze me though is the fact that some of you bad rap members of the current squad and insinuate that some should not even be here and nobody says a word, but I merely suggest that in my estimation Adam Morrison (no longer on the squad) was/is not loaded with personality and one would think I called him an axe-murderer. I was even told by a phantom repper that I had no right to an opinion. Some of you amaze me.

realtydog
10-25-2008, 06:58 PM
"I think Adam should be allowed to be himself and to have his privacy."

"By the way, if you are going to accuse Adam of poor public relations, you need to include John Stockton. I watched him refuse an autograph to a friend of mine when he was in Jack and Dan's."

I respect their skills and god given talents---but I have zero respect for their public performance---no simpathy for their "feelings" of not wanting public attention--both put away millions ---paid for by the fan (atic)---fame comes with a price---you want to be in movies, play in a stadium full of people etc. etc.--it comes with a price--don't like being bothered at a bar and so on---stay home--cater a party at home---you want to go out and not be approached---then stop playing--people will soon not care to approach you---I have grown so sick of pro athlets and hollywood

ZigZagSoCal
10-27-2008, 08:31 AM
sure, there is a price that comes with fame but not all fans go overboard with unrealistic expectations. geez, if the team owner who paid top $$$ for adam's talent, heart, image, swagger, publicity, shortcomings, etc. aka 'the package' do not harbor these self-centered ideals, what does that say about some of us so-called 'fans'?

'probably' and heard-it-through-the-grapevine second-hand factoids are not legitimate arguing points, IMHO

my apologies for contributing to an off-topic discussion.

CONGRATS ADAM for a great game that night!

LongIslandZagFan
10-27-2008, 08:41 AM
I respect their skills and god given talents---but I have zero respect for their public performance---no simpathy for their "feelings" of not wanting public attention--both put away millions ---paid for by the fan (atic)---fame comes with a price---you want to be in movies, play in a stadium full of people etc. etc.--it comes with a price--don't like being bothered at a bar and so on---stay home--cater a party at home---you want to go out and not be approached---then stop playing--people will soon not care to approach you---I have grown so sick of pro athlets and hollywood

And it is this exact attitude that makes these people want to be more and more private and away from "fans". I suppose you think what the stalkers, I mean paparazzi are doing is somehow a public service as well right? Tell that to Princess Diana... oh that's right you can't.

How about this... if you see them how about saying hi and being done with it. How about treating them like the human beings that they are. BTW go back and do some math on ticket prices and tell me exactly how the "fan"/ticket holders are actually paying them your numbers will never add up. Try this on for size. Perhaps the advertisers are the ones that actually pay them in the end. Maybe? Perhaps? If it were all on the "fans" then every sports team would be out of business.

gamagin
10-27-2008, 09:51 AM
<< Realty writes: "By the way, if you are going to accuse Adam of poor public relations, you need to include John Stockton. I watched him refuse an autograph to a friend of mine when he was in Jack and Dan's." >>

JS doesn't need me to defend him, but those who have followed his career know he has always politely (as possible) declined to give his autograph. He has signed alot of balls and paraphanalia to raise money for such things as benefits & auctions for non profits, schools etc.

But one on one he has been consistent about not signing autographs. early on in his career, he used to say something like,"how about I just shake your hand? I don't sign autographs."

I once saw someone attempt to get his autograph during a funeral at St. Al's. Unbelievable.

He doesn't believe in signing autographs. My feeling is he believes he gave at the office, which is to say, on the floor, during the game, for over two decades.

He met and matched wits and skills with the best and is now considered to be among the best, if not THE best to have ever played the point guard position.

And that's as far as he wishes to take it and his celebrity. He also turned down millions and millions of dollars in advertising and endorsement deals. For much the same reason. He's a private guy and advertising, like celebrity, disrupts privacy. Period.

He is considered one of the 50 best to have ever laced up and he continues to hold NBA records for steals and assists. I posit he is also a lock for the hall of fame.

But, as you say, Realty, he wouldn't sign an autograph for your friend and therefore, by your reckoning, there is something wrong with him.

I think he has kept his own counsel and is actually not interested in signing autographs, for anyone at any time, and therefore does not sign them. Period.

saramo
10-27-2008, 10:53 AM
I have learned that there are true Zag fans and then there are posers. I am sure from this thread you can filter out who is who.

Posters like Realtydog and Hillbillyzag are comical to me. It’s clear you have no idea…..and it would seem to be a waste of my time to explain to you what it is like to be on the other side of the street. But I will take a few minutes to spell it out for ya. Adam gets paid to play basketball….that’s great. I think after spending last year injured Adam would tell you that he would play basketball for peanuts. He just wants to play. It has NEVER been about money. It has always been about opportunity. Some may think he left GU early because of money and that would be the furthest from the truth. Basketball is his job now and that has been hard to adjust to. But his job does not entail that he be a celebrity off of the court. If you paid money to go watch a game…..then you got your money’s worth. That ticket price, however, does not give you access to his life outside of the arena. Think about who the majority of autograph seekers are….we call them scavengers. They are people who make their living by selling an autographed picture. They make their money using someone else’s image and signature. They don’t work hard for their living. They just work very hard at hunting down celebrities and bothering them. It is one thing for a fan, such as a kid, to ask for an autograph and it is another when some guy with 50 glossy prints of you interrupts your day so that you can sign the pictures and he can make an easy buck. And if you turn him down....well then you are a jerk. Imagine that you are a shy and private person. All you want to do is put in a good day at work and then go home to your family. Maybe take them out to dinner. Just like everyone else. Now imagine that you cannot take your family out because everywhere you go you get bothered. People interrupt you mid-meal to ask for pictures and autographs. People lose their manners when they see someone they perceive as famous. Would you walk up to a perfect stranger’s table mid-dinner and interrupt them by asking them to take a picture with you? No. Would you have a bothersome look it someone was so rude as to interrupt you while eating. Yep. So why is it any different if the person happens to be famous? Why does one have to be a prisoner in their own home because people assume that they have a right to say what He does with his personal time? Now imagine you can’t leave your house AND you have to start shaving and cutting your hair because some a-hole fan decides that is how it should be. And “Dammit, I paid for tickets to a game so I have a right to give my opinion on his appearance!”

This is so ridiculous I cannot even believe I am replying. :mad:

As for this:

“No doubt, Adam was arguably the best scorer in GU history, and I give him all the credit in the world for that and wish him nothing but the best in hoops & life, but I have say he probably did not take the time to enjoy and take in the GU experience.”

How DARE you for even one second imply that Adam did not enjoy and take in the GU experience. This is the most hurtful sentence I have read in a long time. From the minute he made a verbal commitment to play at GU as a junior in HS he has done NOTHING but love Gonzaga. Shame on you for even typing that sentence.

For all of the true fans out there….those who love and support every single player who has ever donned a jersey, thank you. You show your love from the star scorer all the way down to the practice player who will never see time in a game. You love them because they are a Zag. Not matter their race, religion, background or haircut…..once they put on that jersey they are one and the same. And that is what it is all about.

This is just an example of why I don't visit this site very often......

LongIslandZagFan
10-27-2008, 11:01 AM
This is just an example of why I don't visit this site very often......

Sara... I think most on this board would like to offer our apologies for the comments made on this board regarding Adam. I think you can judge people quite a bit by their families. You know that I have met you and your family, except for Adam, and I can say that he most assuredly is an upstanding and great person based on that experience. Keep the faith.

saramo
10-27-2008, 11:04 AM
Thanks....that means a lot to me!

And we had a blast that day in NYC...we still talk about it! Thank you for sharing it with us!

LongIslandZagFan
10-27-2008, 11:06 AM
Thanks....that means a lot to me!

And we had a blast that day in NYC...we still talk about it! Thank you for sharing it with us!

So does my daughter. Adam certainly comes from good stock as do you. Say hi to the family for me.

former1dog
10-27-2008, 11:09 AM
So does my daughter. Adam certainly comes from good stock as do you. Say hi to the family for me.

Well, they did come from Eastern Montana. I've heard good things about folks from Eastern Montana. :D :D :D

(A big shout out from a former Roosevelt county guy!)

HillBillyZag
10-27-2008, 11:39 AM
Saramo, I've been called much worse than an A*^Hole but usually not for merely voicing my opinion. You see I feel that " I'm no better than anyone else in this world, but I'll be damned if I'm not just as good". I believe that as a GU fan and a poster on this thread I am entitled to voice my thoughts on any subject as long as they are true in my estimation and are not liabilous. I still have never made a statement that your brother was anything but a great player for G.U. The fact that I did not like his attitude is my right also. I also will not indulge myself in playing the name game as I am happy with my station in life and at this stage of it have nothing to prove to anyone. I wish you and your brother nothing but the best on the court and in life and that will be my final word on this particular subject.

saramo
10-27-2008, 11:47 AM
Great!!! I am thrilled that this will be your final word on this particular subject.

And did I say that Hillbillyzag was an a-hole? No. I said some a-hole. Interesting you automatically assumed it was you.

sharpzag
10-27-2008, 12:10 PM
he will never be more long term than just a role player in the NBA, if that.

Hill Billy-

I guess you are entitled to your opinion of Adam as a basketball player.

I personally find it shocking when "GU fans" think that Adam's career is essentially over. He had a pretty good rookie season on a terrible team (that did not seem to pass him the ball). Definitely a better year than a lot of highly drafted rookies. Then he sat out 1 year with an injury.

So based on watching him in college and based on one pretty good rookie year on a terrible team -- you conclude that "he will never be more long term than just a role player in the NBA?"

Adam's junior year at GU was simply amazing. I still think that if the ball had been thrown to him at halfcourt he would have have sunk a 3 from halfcourt at the buzzer to beat UCLA. Adam was the best competitor I have ever watched. I find it shocking to think that a "GU fan", even an old hillbilly GU fan, would consider his career over.

I do agree with one thing you said. I definitely believe you have been called much worse things than "ahole".

SteelCityZag
10-27-2008, 01:07 PM
My question is this: Why would anyone say anything bad about Adam Morrison. In his three years as a Zag, Adam did as much to elevate the profile of GU Hoops as any player in its history.

Adam vs JJ Redick was on the front page of ESPN.com for months! Adam was part of a team that brought GU its first Sweet 16 since the magic three.

And Adam is an inspiration to many people who live with diabetes, especially children.

Don't like his hair? Too bad.

Think you know anything about his attitude? You don't know a damned thing.

Think you know anything, really, about Adam Morrison, that doesn't include involve a bastketball? You're kidding yourself.

Think you have the right to sit in judgement on whether or not Adam meant something to GU --well, there's a phrase for that--opinions are alot like a#$holes, everybody has one and most of them stink.

LongIslandZagFan
10-27-2008, 01:15 PM
My question is this: Why would anyone say anything bad about Adam Morrison. In his three years as a Zag, Adam did as much to elevate the profile of GU Hoops as any player in its history.

Adam vs JJ Redick was on the front page of ESPN.com for months! Adam was part of a team that brought GU its first Sweet 16 since the magic three.

And Adam is an inspiration to many people who live with diabetes, especially children.

Don't like his hair? Too bad.

Think you know anything about his attitude? You don't know a damned thing.

Think you know anything, really, about Adam Morrison, that doesn't include involve a bastketball? You're kidding yourself.

Think you have the right to sit in judgement on whether or not Adam meant something to GU --well, there's a phrase for that--opinions are alot like a#$holes, everybody has one and most of them stink.

:allhail:

realtydog
10-27-2008, 01:22 PM
Thanks for putting words in my mouth LongIsland---I think the paparazzi is there for all the millions and millions of people buying Star, People, and watching TMZ and so on--not for me---and your drivel on the advertisers paying them--come on--they advertise for the "fan" that is watching the game---no fan no ads--the fan drives 100% of the $$$---you know where I was going---salaries are not paid with tickets alone--why stop on the advertisers--why not go straight to the companies then to the shareholders---you are way off here---I agree 100%--with your suggestion --say "hi" and move on---but we know that is not how all of our population was raised--so if your famous---expect it---or...play ball elsewhere ---GAMAGIN --pay attention--I never asked JS for an autograph or watched someone ask him at Jack and Dan's--what are you talking about??
SARAMO--this is way too personal for you I know---I stated from the start that I "thought" your brother was shy and private (a guess from what little I have seen) and said that people should not expect him to be a gregarious person---personally I met your brother more than once when he was a freshman--I was your sisters landlord then---so I have my own opinion--life is about choices--I think bothering a famous person who is having a dinner with their family is SAD----but no one put a gun to that "stars" head to choose the path the are on---I have empathy but zero simpathy

gamagin
10-27-2008, 01:40 PM
wrote: ---GAMAGIN --pay attention--I never asked JS for an autograph or watched someone ask him at Jack and Dan's--what are you talking about??
-----

here is your quote from your post. did you read your post ?

"By the way, if you are going to accuse Adam of poor public relations, you need to include John Stockton. I watched him refuse an autograph to a friend of mine when he was in Jack and Dan's."

realtydog
10-27-2008, 01:41 PM
not me

gamagin
10-27-2008, 01:48 PM
not me

--

"I think Adam should be allowed to be himself and to have his privacy."

realtydog
10-27-2008, 01:59 PM
10-25-2008, 01:13 PM
Psychozag
Kennel Club Material

read that post---this is getting boring---you can't argue politics, religion, or Adam Morrison I guess--no winner---

gamagin
10-27-2008, 02:54 PM
10-25-2008, 01:13 PM
Psychozag Kennel Club Material

read that post---this is getting boring---you can't agree politics, religion, or Adam Morrison I guess--no winner---

You are right. You didn't write it upon closer inspection. If you had posted attribution, it might have been clearer and I might not have directed that post back to you but instead to its author.

sorry to bore you. but the above sentence makes even less sense than some of your other posts. complete sentences might help. or at least complete thoughts, if you can find the time.

thanks,

realtydog
10-27-2008, 03:24 PM
you're not boring me---subject is old---sorry about the unedited statements---did not realize I was being graded---I corrected my statement for you---not here to p*ss off anyone---over and out

KSTATEZAG
10-27-2008, 03:49 PM
S-Mo.
Good to see you back even if it is in defense of your bro.
Come around more often...

zagmantis2001
10-27-2008, 03:53 PM
You are right. You didn't write it upon closer inspection. If you had posted attribution, it might have been clearer and I might not have directed that post back to you but instead to its author.

sorry to bore you. but the above sentence makes even less sense than some of your other posts. complete sentences might help. or at least complete thoughts, if you can find the time.

thanks,

You misread something and made a mistake. Just move on and stop with the insults.

BobZag
10-27-2008, 04:05 PM
Well, this horse is pulverized into mush now.

LongIslandZagFan
10-27-2008, 08:38 PM
Thanks for putting words in my mouth LongIsland---I think the paparazzi is there for all the millions and millions of people buying Star, People, and watching TMZ and so on--not for me---and your drivel on the advertisers paying them--come on--they advertise for the "fan" that is watching the game---no fan no ads--the fan drives 100% of the $$$---you know where I was going---salaries are not paid with tickets alone--why stop on the advertisers--why not go straight to the companies then to the shareholders---you are way off here---I agree 100%--with your suggestion --say "hi" and move on---but we know that is not how all of our population was raised--so if your famous---expect it---or...play ball elsewhere ---GAMAGIN --pay attention--I never asked JS for an autograph or watched someone ask him at Jack and Dan's--what are you talking about??
SARAMO--this is way too personal for you I know---I stated from the start that I "thought" your brother was shy and private (a guess from what little I have seen) and said that people should not expect him to be a gregarious person---personally I met your brother more than once when he was a freshman--I was your sisters landlord then---so I have my own opinion--life is about choices--I think bothering a famous person who is having a dinner with their family is SAD----but no one put a gun to that "stars" head to choose the path the are on---I have empathy but zero simpathy

You said it for yourself... if you are rich and famous then you are fair game since it is because of the "fans". Talk to the advertisers about the millions because guess what... when these guys weren't making millions back in the day they still had "fans". Your last sentence makes absolutely no sense since you "feel bad" yet it is somehow the famous person's fault. Give me a break.

Based on your attitude toward him, perhaps I am starting to get a picture of exactly why he might have not been so nice to you. I suspect you already assumed he had an entitlement attitude and you were already looking down on him. But in your eyes he gets what he deserves for the path he chose. Give me a break.