PDA

View Full Version : Dickau Waived by Warriors

ZagNut08
10-19-2008, 05:00 PM
Too bad for Dan, wonder what his next move is

TheZagPhish
10-19-2008, 05:39 PM
http://www.1-877-spirits.com/store/images/large/Jack-Daniels-Single-Barrel-lg.jpg

kyle dixon
10-19-2008, 06:40 PM
I wish Dan the best. One of my favorite Zags of all time. Who could forget the game winner up on Hawk Hill against St. Joes on New Years eve? Good luck Dan!

ToreroStudent
10-19-2008, 07:08 PM
You'd have to think Europe. But you never know, injuries could free up another NBA roster spot.

MDABE80
10-19-2008, 09:06 PM
Always on the cusp........neeeeeeeeaaaarly there. Dan
s such a nice fella. We used to ride the plane on the road and chat. Amazing human. He's got his pension assured so he'll be fine. Great kids, great wife. He's done well. First team AA. Might be time for him to begin coaching. I bet he'd be good at it. Hope he has a few more seasons left though.

tyra
10-19-2008, 09:37 PM
Dan's a Vancouver boy. He'll do just fine. :)

MickMick
10-20-2008, 04:27 AM
With his character, one has to believe he will eventually make an effortless transition away from basketball and into an occupation that suits him perfectly. He is too honest to be a politician, but I would vote for him.

Birddog
10-20-2008, 04:52 AM
Maybe to the Jazz?
http://www.sltrib.com/jazz/ci_10760333

Zag79
10-20-2008, 10:45 PM
if only danny was an nba image! you have to play the part they want as much as you have to play the game they want.

gamagin
10-21-2008, 07:29 AM
this isn't a bad time of year to go back on the block. It all depends on what this or that coach may wind up needing due to injuries, incompatability, etc etc. I believe he is in too good a shape to simply stop at this point.

And he's young enough. It's just a matter of someone re opening their door slightly and letting him in.

Otoh, he's already been through a good many doors so far.

But, as noted, he is vested and he does have a guaranteed pension that would probably exceed the cumulative amount collected by most members of this board. Especially after the recent crash.

StocktonIsMyHero
10-21-2008, 07:56 AM
if only danny was an nba image! you have to play the part they want as much as you have to play the game they want.

What exactly is this supposed to mean? Because if you're implying what I think you're implying... Steve Nash, Steve Blake, Jason Williams (before he retired), Jose Calderon, Kirk Hinrich, Beno Udrih... all starters in the NBA.

Dan has had a lot of chances in the NBA... he just hasn't found a place he can stick yet. But I really, really don't think it's an "image" problem for him.

Zag79
10-22-2008, 11:28 PM
it means he doesnt fit the nba mold. hes not flashy enough, or "hip" if you will ala even the people you mentioned. theres not a spot on a roster for a guy like him anymore. and by the way, as of January 27th, 2008 there are 51 white American-born players in the NBA. This represents just 11.8% of the 432 total players on current NBA rosters. so regardless of opinions its a fact the nba has an "image that i doubt many would argue exists wether we like it or not. no other sport has an image or style of play mold like the nba.

StocktonIsMyHero
10-23-2008, 08:58 AM
Wait, Beno Udrih and Kirk Hinrich are hip?

I'm sorry, you really can't be saying that Don Nelson (white) and Chris Mullin (whiter) cut Dickau because of image? Really? You believe that? Could it possibly be that Demarcus Nelson (who wasn't even drafted) simply beat out Dickau for that final spot and is a better fit for Nelson's run-and-gun style? Nelson is likely going to start at PG for the Warrior, and given Nelson's well-known dislike of playing rookies, he must obviously see something in the kid.

And let's take a minute and look at this year's pre-season All-WCC team. Two white guys out of ten. And how about last year's All-America teams? Three white guys out of 15. And I'm pretty sure you'll find a similar pattern for nearly every BCS, mid-major, and low major conference. And that's not even mentioning high school all-state teams. So... for your argument that "whitie" is being pushed out of the NBA because of image, well, I guess that means white players are getting pushed out from college and high school all-star teams too, huh? Or is it maybe, just possibly, due to the fact that the NBA takes only the best? And those best players are on all those all-America/all-conference/all-state teams?

And this?

and by the way, as of January 27th, 2008 there are 51 white American-born players in the NBA. This represents just 11.8% of the 432 total players on current NBA rosters. so regardless of opinions its a fact the nba has an "image that i doubt many would argue exists wether we like it or not. no other sport has an image or style of play mold like the nba.

That scares me. I mean really... "no sport has an image or style of play mold like the nba"? If you're going to say this, say what you really feel man. What the heck does "style of play mold" mean? You may as well say that no other league has as many black guys and that those black guys are largely selfish ballhogs. I mean, isn't that what you're implying? That a good, hard-nosed, unselfish, no-nonsense guy like Dickau has no place in the show-boating, hip-hop, play-for-myself NBA?

It's pretty ridiculous when you come out and say it like that, isn't it? Remember... there is one NBA team that is owned by an African American, and that happens to be the team that drafted Adam Morrison. How many black GMs are there in the league? Four? Five? How about the commissioner's office? Loooots of white faces. And coaches? Maybe eight or nine? So you're trying to tell me that a league that is owned, operated, run, and largely coached by whites is systematically racist against white players? Sure. OK.

Zag79
10-26-2008, 11:05 PM
So you're trying to tell me that a league that is owned, operated, run, and largely coached by whites is systematically racist against white players? Sure. OK.

:lmao:

i think your trying to push this to that and im not touching it because you far off the mark. but i will chime in where i see fit.

You may as well say that no other league has as many black guys and that those black guys are largely selfish ballhogs. I mean, isn't that what you're implying?

i love the nfl, the seahawks if you must and koren robinson is my dude. hell i even like TO. so i dont mind selfish, black/white/purple whatever people.

Remember... there is one NBA team that is owned by an African American, and that happens to be the team that drafted Adam Morrison.
and mo is a tall, shooter with much swagger. again, my kind of player that the nba wants to promote. so sure mj would want him.

How about the commissioner's office? Loooots of white faces. And coaches? Maybe eight or nine? So you're trying to tell me that a league that is owned, operated, run, and largely coached by whites is systematically racist against white players? Sure. OK.
hmm... you think a bunch of pompus white dudes running teams arent shooting for an image that sells tix? please bro. the artests, rodmans, jacksons, dwell in it. anyway, its been a good discussion that i think helped me remember why i love manny in the mlb, kobe in the nba, TO in the nfl and all the other ballhogs i really enjoy watching.

cjm720
10-27-2008, 07:33 AM
This is a ridiculous thread. He got waived because a combination of talent and fit. The race card...really? Pathetic.

Anyhow, GO ZAGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MDABE80
10-27-2008, 10:16 AM
Hero Stockton.....79 simply provided some facts. You do with it what you want. I didn't know those facts.......now because I know some facts 79 provided,.......you should know what I'm going to type so read carefully....it won't turn anyone into a racist. Promise! Feel better now?

Zag79
10-27-2008, 10:16 PM
The race card...really? Pathetic

:lmao:

again, read what i wrote verrrry carefully before responding with super hero day saver post. i didnt say any color of human. i said image. mo is in the nba. hes white. BUT he has the swagger, the height, etc. so he fits the part. (interesting though that he has more trash talked about him than almost any player i read about, isnt it?) there is no room for the short, simple skilled player anymore. its about flash, tix sales, and an IMAGE. sorry, its true. when you turn on baseball or football can you say the thing? nope. they play who ever is the best. and since you brought up race, all i did was give some simple stats to prove im not a racist making stuff up. :lmao: besides, if you knew me, my family and friends off this board you would laugh at yourself for using the race card yourself. image means much more than color. not too many people would even debate the nba has a hip hop/thug/image more than any other sport regardless of race.

beatsc
10-28-2008, 12:35 PM
This guy was great to watch in college and I was hoping to see more of him at some Warrior home games. Might be a good thing for Dickau because the Warriors front office is in a big transition mode right now.