PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to have...?

MississppiZag
10-18-2008, 05:23 PM
6 players average double figures (Pargo, Gray, Bouldin, Daye, Heytvelt, and Downs). I was thinking about the starting lineup and wondered this. Both Gray and Downs averaged about 8 points a piece last year. I truly would be shocked if our starting five no matter which five, did not all average double figures. I think both Daye and Heytvelt will see their numbers climb with more minutes, so it really depends on who comes off the bench. Has there ever been a team that has had 6 players in double digits? Not sure. Just something to think about.

Also, i know practice just started, but is there a certain five that he is looking at to start say in the first exhibition on Nov 1st. Or will he determine that before the game. The recent reports have gotten me excited and i am really curious to see the starting five. My guess is that Gray will be a for sure starter, especially if plays like he did towards the end of last year. He looked great in the scrimmage, even though it was a scrimmage. I see him or perhaps Heytvelt as the leading scorer. Daye is a good possibility also. I can't wait for Nov 1st. as you can tell.:)

Rangerzag
10-18-2008, 06:27 PM
If six players average 20 points a game, then, if all six play each game the average score for the team would be 120 points. That would be a team that got noticed!!!

gu03alum
10-18-2008, 06:48 PM
Rangerzag, I think MississippiZag means 10 points or more by six players. That would be 60 points a game. I think it is entirely possible, but I think it will depend on how well the team rebounds and plays defense. They will need to have as many possessions as possible.

Rangerzag
10-18-2008, 07:30 PM
Rangerzag, I think MississippiZag means 10 points or more by six players. That would be 60 points a game. I think it is entirely possible, but I think it will depend on how well the team rebounds and plays defense. They will need to have as many possessions as possible.

Looking closer, I believe you are absolutely correct. Boy did I stick my foot in it!!!

asoc
10-19-2008, 12:07 AM
Don't worry, I thought the same thing at first too.