PDA

View Full Version : Imagine if...

HOOTER
10-17-2008, 01:13 PM
...Few decided to go small with a lineup like Pargo, Gray, Meech, Bouldin and Brown. Ira and Matt are strong and can hold their own in the paint and a three guard set with Pargo, Gray and Meech could be deadly. This would be a very small and quick combination and could wreak havoc on the right opponent. Sound crazy?

roxdoc
10-17-2008, 01:18 PM
With all due respect to both players - Ira! and Matt are not going to hold their own in the paint against any of the good teams we play.

HOOTER
10-17-2008, 01:46 PM
With all due respect to both players - Ira! and Matt are not going to hold their own in the paint against any of the good teams we play.

Which is why I said against the "right opponent". Bouldin is strong in the paint and Ira is just plain strong period. What they lack in height the make up for in strength and tenacity. I know it's unlikely but you must admit, it would be fun to watch.

TheBunnieRancher
10-17-2008, 10:36 PM
I'll second that Ira is just plain strong period. I was at Kraziness at the Kennel and he threw Josh to the ground at one point during the scrimmage like nobody's business. And he was jumping over the top of Andy Poling early on to grab rebounds.

Reborn
10-18-2008, 07:08 AM
Hooter! You've been drinkin too much of that Cool-Aid. LMAO:lmao:

Your sense of humor is much appreciated. Thanks.

Zag4Hire
10-18-2008, 08:54 AM
Which is why I said against the "right opponent". Bouldin is strong in the paint and Ira is just plain strong period. What they lack in height the make up for in strength and tenacity. I know it's unlikely but you must admit, it would be fun to watch.

Who would the 'right opponent' be? Looking at the schedule, I would say that lineup would get destroyed by Wazzu and UConn but may work against the Vols, some of the weaker WCC teams, and maybe even Utah if they can double down in the paint Knevill. Actually, I may like that as a good early 2nd half squad to increase the tempo.