PDA

View Full Version : Best program in Washington

nonzagzag
10-16-2008, 06:19 PM
that's obvious of course, we'll see if the order of the other schools changes any time soon....

http://www.collegehoopsnet.com/state-03908-washington-121903

HOOTER
10-16-2008, 07:17 PM
I think the gap between first and second is quite substantial.

75Zag
10-16-2008, 07:43 PM
The Fuskies are pre-season favorites to make the NCAAs this year. Since I have a graduate degree from UW I don't wish them to fail entirely, but as long as Romar remains a girlie man and afraid to play GU, I refuse to respect the UW basketball program.

Go Bulldogs!

bartruff1
10-17-2008, 07:51 AM
The Fuskies are pre-season favorites to make the NCAAs this year. Since I have a graduate degree from UW I don't wish them to fail entirely, but as long as Romar remains a girlie man and afraid to play GU, I refuse to respect the UW basketball program.

Go Bulldogs! I really can't believe he did what he did, amazing show of comtempt for the fans. The poor guy will never live it down, and I am afraid this is the moment of truth for him, he Dances somewhere or goes to play golf full time.

jim77
10-17-2008, 07:55 AM
Pulling out of the GU game showed how much confidence he had in his program.

Jakester425
10-17-2008, 11:29 AM
They need to bring the GU vs. UW game back and play it at Key Arena. You would have 17k husky/zag fans going at it. It would be crazy!!! Someone needs to tell Romar that the first stage is admitting you'll always be dominated by GU and then he'll be on his way to recovery.

CDC84
10-17-2008, 11:49 AM
They need to bring the GU vs. UW game back and play it at Key Arena. You would have 17k husky/zag fans going at it. It would be crazy!!! Someone needs to tell Romar that the first stage is admitting you'll always be dominated by GU and then he'll be on his way to recovery.

I really can't see the Zags agreeing to this. It's been rumored, but I have never heard anything about GU taking it seriously.

As for me, it's a resumption of the true home/home series, or nothing else. Unless that happens, if I were Gonzaga, I would never play the Huskies ever again in the regular season. Never....under any circumstances. I would rather play Xavier, and get a game at
K2 every other season. The Zags already play one game per year at Key Arena, and if Coach Krause's assessment of things proves to be correct, the Zags will be playing better teams than UW, and have the entire audience backing them for those games.

GoZags
10-17-2008, 12:26 PM
Coach Krause mentioned he's had continuing and ongoing discussions with Washington -- as recently as within the past two weeks.

To date, UW is still unable to "work" a Gonzaga series in.

Jakester425
10-17-2008, 01:44 PM
I think if Romar is no longer at UW the game comes back. Depending on how he does this year, that could be a very likely scenario. Also, I only mention the Key because I live near Seattle and would love to have another chance to see them on this side of the mountains. I'm so stoked for the UCONNvict game!!! GO ZAGS!!!

HOOTER
10-17-2008, 02:03 PM
As for me, it's a resumption of the true home/home series, or nothing else.

Either that or a Key arena/Spokane arena series, which is probably unrealistic. Frankly we don't need UW on our schedule, as fun as that series was, and they don't want to get whooped by us every year. I'd love to see this series return, but I'm not holding my breath.