PDA

View Full Version : The Zags Biggest Win of the Season?

BobZag
10-16-2008, 03:08 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/columns/story?columnist=katz_andy&id=3646310

If the fellas can beat this bunch in a packed KeyArena? Note the three guard attack they'll employ.

It...will...be...huge!

izzjess
10-16-2008, 03:28 PM
Being that it will be the only game i actually go to this year(well the only one i went to last year was one that bobzag got me tickets to) and i got those seatle tickets in the front row. I agree it will be there biggest game and mine hehheheheeh. ps. thanks agian for those tickets last year bobzag...

MississppiZag
10-16-2008, 03:55 PM
There are 8 big and important games(out of conference)- Washington State, Arizona, UConn, Memphis, Tennessee, and 3 in the OSC. If we go 5-3 or 6-2 in those games we have a good shot at getting a 2 seed. That is if we go at least 13-1 in the conference and win the conference tourney. I feel like the UConn and Memphis games are the most important. Both are at home and both should be top 10 teams. A win or two in those games is key.

Nevtelen
10-16-2008, 04:09 PM
A win vs UConn would be huge. There are a couple other big-time teams on the schedule (Memphis should be good and so should Tenn) and a lot of big names that might or might not be as good as they have been RPI and record-wise this year (WSU, Zona, Indiana). The team could also see some serious competition in the Old Spice, depending on how things play out. But as far as a knock-down, drag-out, Top 5 or maybe 10 team, UConn is the best bet. A win would be huge for establishing that the Zags are a national force this year, similar to the statemet the UNC win made a couple of years ago.

SunDevilGolfZag
10-16-2008, 04:18 PM
I'll go out on a limb and predict our biggest win will come in early April. :)

bartruff1
10-17-2008, 06:56 AM
And then the next game. For Programs like Gonzaga, the Real Season begins in March. The other games are just preperation.

jim77
10-17-2008, 07:14 AM
I think the TN game will be the biggie(s). I think TN would beat either Memphis or UCONN. I re-watched the game from last year and those TN guys sure HUSTLE. The one thing they did not have an answer for was a 60% Josh Heytvelt......then again I doubt many teams will have enough for him.

cjm720
10-17-2008, 07:47 AM
OSC is by far the most important set of games. The tourneywill set the tone and confidence for the remainder of the OOC games. The UCONN game would be that more daunting if we lose to OSU.

GO ZAGS!!!

omahazag
10-17-2008, 08:34 AM
UCONN. Mainly b/c of the national exposure. CBS games do not come around that often.