PDA

View Full Version : Derek leading Trier, team off to a good start @ 3-1

OZZag
10-12-2008, 04:19 PM
Derek is playing well and leading his team, who just avoided relegation last year. They are off to a good start and have 3 wins and a loss.

Here is a link to the German Bundesliga website results by round. just click the round number (this one highlights round 4) on the top if you want to view a previous round.

http://www.basketball-bundesliga.de/linkit.php?menuid=329&topmenu=3&keepmenu=inactive&keepmenu=inactive&public=6f24b0cf9539e538957e2eebddd6d7cb

The boxscore is on the right under sct.

clicking on the players name in the boxscore gives you his results year to date, DRAV is averaging 15.5 ppg, 4 rpg and 3 apg and a valuation of 16.3 which is very high.

JAGzag
10-13-2008, 03:07 AM
That really is great to hear, I wish Derek all the best ... and all the fun in beautiful Trier! Man, what could be better? No wonder the Euro basketball sceen has such a pull to young players.

bartruff1
10-13-2008, 12:41 PM
The DR we have seen here...great kid and very good player,,,

D-Rav in Trier
10-18-2008, 07:43 AM
Derek is one of the best PG`s in the whole league atm. He is playing his heart out and leading the team to success. This evening we face Walter Tigers Tübingen in Trier and hopefully our winning streak continues. Hard work for the team, but we will be heart to beat in front of our homecrowd. The fans here are going crazy because of the best season-start since years.

ZagNative
10-18-2008, 08:43 AM
Absolutely great to hear, D-Rav-in-Trier! thank you so much for keeping us up to date!

GO D-RAV! GO TRIER!

P.S. I so regret not having time to fit Trier into our itinerary when we visited the Mosel in 2003! That's just wonderful country!

D-Rav in Trier
10-20-2008, 12:47 AM
We lost against Tübingen 100:102 after a double overtime. We lost our Starting SF Norman Richardson halfway through the game, our starting C George Evans hasn`t even participated in a game yet due to a knee injury. Taken these factors into account, we had a great start in the season.

Derek was great, hit 5 of 9 three pointers (for a total of 26 points) and dished out five assists. Unfortunately he was the one who missed two free-throws with three minutes remaining. That would have lead to a nine point stretch (72:65 for Trier at this moment). Instead Tübingen made a Lay-Up, forced a five-second TO of Captain James Gillingham, hit a three and another Lay-Up and tied the game within 35 seconds. Guess Derek missed them cause he was overloaded with his playing time of 47 minutes. Our Back-Up PG isn`t in shape.

Anyway: It was a great game, the whole atmosphere in the Arena was absolutely fantastic. This game didn`t deserve a winner, but AJ Moye hit the buzzer-beater in the second overtime and lead Tübingen to success.

The team can make it all better this friday, when we face the german Top-Team Bamberg (two-time championship winner within the last four years). All I can say is: Go Derek! Go Trier!

D-Rav in Trier
11-04-2008, 12:48 AM
We had a 77:57 win over Düsseldorf last saturday and are 4-4 now (after a three game losing streak prior to the game against Düsseldorf). Derek was unbelievable yet again, hitting 6-9 three pointers for a total of 20 points, dishing out three assists and grabbing four rebounds. Seems like there is no guard in this league, who can stop him right now.

ZagMania
11-04-2008, 03:25 AM
Wow, awesome to hear! Thanks so much for the updates.

Keep it up Derek!

Nevtelen
11-04-2008, 06:01 AM
We had a 77:57 win over Düsseldorf last saturday and are 4-4 now (after a three game losing streak prior to the game against Düsseldorf). Derek was unbelievable yet again, hitting 6-9 three pointers for a total of 20 points, dishing out three assists and grabbing four rebounds. Seems like there is no guard in this league, who can stop him right now.

Too bad about the loosing streak, but great to hear about Raivio! I'm not surprised about the 3s or assists, but 4 boards - impressive!

ZigZagSoCal
11-04-2008, 07:35 AM
Thanks for the good news D-Rav in Trier!

Let's get the NBA scouts salivating so they can bring Derek stateside for us to see him play.

Go Derek! Go Trier!

Vizagra
11-04-2008, 08:27 AM
I love the updates on D-Rav over in Germany! I can't beleive he missed back to back freethrows though...very, VERY un-Derek like. Keep 'em coming D-Rav in Trier!

UberZagFan
11-04-2008, 08:53 AM
Unfortunately he was the one who missed two free-throws with three minutes remaining.

Huh? No way. Uber is in disbelief.

ZagNative
11-16-2008, 03:24 PM
ZagsWorldWide offers this report today (http://zagsworldwide.wordpress.com/2008/11/16/overseas-results-for-nov15-16/):

And on Sunday…

Big-time home victory for Trier. After trailing most of the second half, Derek Raivio’s team surged ahead late and held off Oldenburg, the BBL’s 2nd-place squad, 72-70. Derek scored 11 of his 19 points in the 3rd quarter, then cashed all 4 of his free throws in the waning seconds to seal the W.
Trier’s BBL record: 5-5, 13th place (out of 18)
Derek’s stats: 15.6 pts…2.9 rbs…3.2 ast…48.5 fg%…41.4 3pt%…87.8 ft%
I believe a Trier fan posts on the big board. Maybe a first-hand report forthcoming? I bet the hall was rockin’.Big Board ... has a nice ring to it!

So, D-Rav in Trier, what say you? Was the hall rockin'?

D-Rav in Trier
11-17-2008, 12:02 AM
Oh yes, the Arena was rockin! With two starters still being injured, all our Starting Five players played 35+ minutes and each of the players fought their heart out.

Oldenburg has the second highest budget in the league and they had a nine game winning streak (inclusive Cup and Eurocup games) before the match. No one believed we could beat them. In the first half we had one little weak phase. After a 20:15 lead, Oldenburg had a 16:5 run for a 31:25 half-time lead.

After the halftime Derek took over and made some unbelievable shots. He also dished out great assists to our Big Men Maksym, who had one of his best career games with a total of 22 points (11-15 FG) and 9 Rebounds. After our team struggled from the free-throw line the whole game, it was Derek and Jamal Shuler who kept their cool and were 6-6 from the charity stripe in the decisive phase. The team played great team defense and the coach took all his remaining time outs at the end to secure the victory. After the win the whole team and crowd were excited.

Here is a little video (shortly after game). We always celebrate a victory with a H-U-M-B-A and the team dances afterwards.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djsyPiMPP28

asoc
11-17-2008, 12:57 AM
That is some great stuff!!!
If only NBA teams were that into their fans and celebrating wins like that.
It really helps create a connection between the fans and the team.

Then the fans cheer harder, louder and longer. The team will play harder and with more passion for their fans as they have that great support behind them.

D-Rav in Trier
11-17-2008, 05:15 AM
Thanks. Next weeks game against Alba Berlin (best team in Germany, with Casey Jacobson etc.) will be shown live on bbl.tv in the internet. It costs 3€ (about 4.50$ if I`m correct). I will try to make a "Best of" Video if we dont lose to high :D The week after that game we play at home against the Artland Dragons, another top team. It will be shown live on BBL.tv too (out of our Arena).

D-Rav in Trier
11-21-2008, 07:28 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qcNi3F7tvc

This is a video of some teammembers practicing for the victory dance. Derek on the left side.

MickMick
11-21-2008, 09:19 AM
That video is hilarious. The center guy cracks me up.

D-Rav in Trier
11-24-2008, 12:58 AM
Trier lost 89:78 in Berlin. Derek hat a bad day, just scoring two points and dishing out three assists. This wednesday we play Paderborn on the road in the BBL-Cup, on sunday we play third seeded Artland Dragons at home.

D-Rav in Trier
12-02-2008, 01:36 AM
Trier beat third seeded Artland Dragons 92:85 on sunday. Derek lead Trier to victory by bringing 17 points, 8 Assists and 2 Steals on the statsheet. He played the Pick and Roll perfectly with George Evans, who scored 17 points either. Topscorer in a high quality game was James Gillingham with 25 points. Drew Neitzel was the best scorer on the Dragons squad with 23.

Next week we play Giessen (second to last team in the BBL) on the road, so we could come in reach of the Playoffs again. Maybe I´ll upload a lil highlight reel of the game against Artland.