PDA

View Full Version : Dear Esteemed ZAGS from KoolAid the Hoosier

KoolAidRules
03-11-2007, 03:57 PM
Dear Esteemed Zags:

KoolAid is excited about this match-up with the Zags in the NCAA Tourney. Gonzaga represents a program that does it the right way and the Hoosiers are excited for the opportunity to play you one more time.

Last season KoolAid spent some time on the Zag Scout Board and enjoyed the time before you put us out of our misery last year.

KoolAid must warn you that the Hoosiers are back with a brand new attitude and will be prepared to stop more than just the star player this time.

Hoosiers all over the world respect what the Gonzaga program has been able to achieve and sustain for what seems a long time now.

If it is ok with you Zags KoolAid will spend some time on the forum this week.

Thank you for the invitation thespywhozaggedme!!!

The Hoosiers have two main forums for basketball discussion.

www.hoosiernation.com
www.peegs.com

The others

www.hoosierhoopsta.com
http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/section?Category=SPORTS0601

--KoolAid

sanfranzagsguy20
03-11-2007, 04:01 PM
cool koolaid (jeez, lol)...hope to hear you utter the immortal words of george costanza on thursday:

"kool-aid's gettin upset!!"

see ya this week

thespywhozaggedme
03-11-2007, 04:03 PM
Koolaid,
You just spent the whole post referring to yourself in the 3rd person. UGGGHHH!!!! Thespywhozaggedme doesn't like that. :p

lothar98zag
03-11-2007, 04:08 PM
I guess nobody has to ask you if you've drank the IU kool-aid...

Lothar approves of this username.

KoolAidRules
03-11-2007, 04:12 PM
out soon in the papers. Only three IU players on the roster played against Gonzaga last season. AJ Ratliff, Earl Calloway, and Roderick Wilmont were the players that saw action versus your classy Zags!!!

I gotta run out now, but I will be back to chat later boys. KoolAid hopes you Zags enjoy the tourney bid this evening just as I am about to do the same.

Cheers to the Hoosiers and Zags!!!

--KoolAid

zagco
03-11-2007, 04:21 PM
Where's Ricky Henderson when you need him?:)

GonzPeter
03-11-2007, 05:27 PM
Where's Ricky Henderson when you need him?:)

Ricky's gettin ready for the season. Ricky don't watch basketball.

94zagoldwomanasherdsmen
03-11-2007, 07:23 PM
No real point to the post, just brought up a nice Seinfeld recollection.

wazZag
03-11-2007, 07:29 PM
KoolAid is back! It's officially tourney time.

229SintoZag
03-11-2007, 10:25 PM
KoolAid is back! It's officially tourney time.

I really enjoyed Koolaid's posts last year at tourney time. Keep bringing the koolaid.

IIRC, it was all 3d person a year ago as well.

Zag79
03-12-2007, 10:48 AM
yeah it was. 3rd person for all the posts, pre and post game. :lmao: has good stuff to say though. will be another fun part of beating indiana again. ;)

sonuvazag
03-12-2007, 10:55 AM
Does anyone else get the idea that KoolAid the Hoosier may, in fact, be the real Mr. KoolAid... I'm not talking about the fake Tropical flavored one you'd see in commercials but the real Cherry-flavored one who your parents would pay to have pictures taken with at the mall... this is exciting.

gamagin
03-12-2007, 12:09 PM
I don't think too much about Indiana, but I do remember Dennis Hopper fondly.

And then there is the matter of John Stockton and Steve Alford and the U.S. Olympic team and the team's coach, IU's Bobby ("kiss my ass") Knight.

Knight was named to coach the 1984, U.S. Olympic team. they swept their games and took the gold.

But before that, Knight made one last cut on the team of great talent. He cut the little Gonzaga guard, John Stockton (UPI all america), and kept his player, the highly touted next superstar of the world, Steve Alford (Ap all america).

Knight had praise for Stockton but essentially said it was up to him to decide and he was going to decide for Steve because, as coach, he could. It was a perk he did not intend to pass up.

Alford, a great college athlete, got a gold medal with Knight that year, but his pro career was brief and uneventful.

Stockton, however, had to consol himself by becoming one of the best 50 NBA players in the game's history.

He set & holds two records (assists & steals), will be a shoo-in for the NBA hall of fame and basically is considered (arguably) one of, if not THE best point guard's in nba history.

Only magic (some say not a real guard) and bob cousy were the other two.

Oh yes, Stock also got two gold medals during his 20 year career. To top it off, he rarely missed work. I believe he missed less than six games once he became a starter. When Michael Jordan broke his leg, he stayed out for, I think it was, 2-3 games.

Stockton's fame and fortune was the inspiration for what has become Gonzaga's fame and fortune.

Gonzaga is Stockton and Stockton is Gonzaga, its program, its rebirth and its continued success. Derek Ravio just this year surpassed John Stockton in scoring in the GU record books. It was one of his goals. It's a big deal to be compared to and then surpass, the best.

So, to get to this weeks game, I, personally, would like to thank Indiana University, Bobby Knight and Steve Alford, for providing this inspiration to Gonzaga and to Stockton when it mattered most, when we were down and out.

For it was, but remains, but one stick of fuel in the fire that continues to burn at this school and in this program.

And I thank you for the reminder, look forward to the game, and promise never to forget Dennis Hopper.

Angelo Roncalli
03-12-2007, 12:40 PM
Agree with everything you say McG, but do need to point out it was the '84 Olympics. It should also be pointed out the Knight cut Charles Barkley and kept Jeff Turner from Vandy. Go figger.

UberZagFan
03-12-2007, 12:44 PM
Uber approves of anyone on here that has the guts to post in the third person.

Zag79
03-12-2007, 02:57 PM
zag79 agrees very much with uber.